1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Would you have stopped?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 08silverado3500hd, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Looking for opinions. So I am driving to work at 5:30 this morning on snow and ice covered roads of WV when a black Prius comes up behind me and rides my bumper for several miles. I am in four wheel drive doing a steady 35 mph with no troubles. Come up on a long straight and the Prius pulls out to pass so I let off the throttle to let him pass figuring at least he won't be on my bumper any longer. He blows the horn as he passes and then the SOB cuts back in too soon and I have to hit the brakes to save my front bumper so then off course my truck is sliding sideways. After my truck recovers I look up the road and see him still fishtailing finally doing a 180 and puts it off in the side ditch. I am usually a very [FONT=&quot]courteous driver and stop to lend a hand when I can but this morning it looked like he was ok so I just kept on driving and blew the horn[/FONT] as I passed to return the favor. After arriving a work starting thinking that I really should have stopped - hindsight is 20/20.

Would you have stopped?
  2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Hell no. Let the sob sit in timeout (ditch) and think about his stupidity
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I probably would have stopped to make sure the guy was ok. (Dependent on traffic conditions and if it is safe to stop) Then I would have said, "I usually pull people out for free. (I don't) But, since you cut me off and almost put me in a ditch, it will be $100 or you can wait fora tow truck. I take cash, you should have a wallet full since you get 50 mpg"
  4. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

I would not have stopped, he can sit there and learn his lesson not to mess around in the snow. I've been in my fair share of ditches from being an idiot. Almost slid off a cliff on 250 heading up to Elkins WV last winter when I had my lancer.

Note to self: when its snowing out, STAY OFF 250. They decided not to plow it or salt it that day.
  5. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

In that situation, I would have slowed, rolled down my window, said a few choice words then went on my way. Screw that guy. he got what he deserved driving like he was in icy conditions.
  6. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member

I would have, then said karmas a bi*** isnt she
  7. no i would not have stop. serves him right.
  8. E_HILLMAN

E_HILLMAN New Member

I would have done the slooow roll by with my window down. My eyes making sure he is ok but my body language and mouf laughing all the way...
  9. poncho62

poncho62 Member

If it was a good looking girl, I may stop........OK, I would.....LOL

That guy....not a chance.
  10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I might have pulled him out depending on if I had the time or not. But I would have had to hear what he had to say before I said anything to him first. I definitely would have been laughing as long as he wasnt hurt. well maybe depending on how hurt.:lol:Weve all been young and dumb.. Also he may have had a good reason to be going fast like if hes late one more time hes fired.:sleep: Well Not a good reason but you know what I mean.