1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wouldn't mind owning this!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by kinson33, Feb 5, 2013.

1. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

2. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

yeah, I'd buy er'......Brian from Canada
  3. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

very nice, surprised enkei hasnt replied yet lol

one thing i never cared for about these models is the split fender well, personally i think it'd look better if the body cladding went all the way up and around the wheel well arch, the smooth painted top portion a;ways looked tacky to me
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Hey I was working all day!!! Sorry Sweet ride.. It's gotta be a member from the Avalanche sites He has Ambers...
  5. kinson33

I hear ya.

If I get the spare cash I'd like to linex the plastic and go over the wells like its all one piece

Priorities though, cognito stabilizer kit along with new idler and pitman arms
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

how about this? florida truck pics 037.jpg florida truck pics 035.jpg florida truck pics 038 (Custom).jpg these wee called the 4 fender mod by Enkei..Comes in Lt and Dark Gray to match your Av
  7. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Those older Avalanches had WAY too much of that ugly gray body cladding. Most of the older ones I see the body cladding has this whitish grey fade to it. The newer ones that look like a Suburban with a bed look WAY better.
  8. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah,,,, sort of, this is on the right track but i mean the whole thing, so it looked like one continious flare. these remind me of the metal rear wheel well covers you use to see on cars from the 50's, which i thought were sweet, but not quite the look i meant.

Which brings me to another topic i'd been meaning to ask:

OK so say you install a 6" lift for example, typical lifts only drop your LCA's and you still have the same amount of wheel travel, your tires are just 6" lower than before. That leaves alot of un used wheel well, using the same idea as what you showed in the pic, how sweet would it look to have those filling the space back in so from the side you dont see the monster hole in the side where the tire use to reside?

Kind of the same idea as having a body lift and then going ahead and installing a body kit to cover up the frame, or step bars as most people do.
  9. kinson33

Yeah if there was a kit that was all one piece up front for the wheel well it would look cool. Otherwise, I think the lines from the separate pieces might look funky and too chopped up
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Interesting find, [MENTION=58086]kinson33[/MENTION]. Too bad the owner didn't finish it (no 4WD). It makes me wonder why it's for sale. I'm not buying the 'too anxious to get back on the road' commentary; you don't go through all of that work only to half-bake it at the end. Something just smells wrong...