Wouldn't mind owning this!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by kinson33, Feb 5, 2013.

1. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

You mean that stinky smell of flood cars still on the market from the east coast??? haha

I'm sure there are quite a few gremlins with that thing, Ford t-case, dodge tranny, and chevy motor... Unless you really know what you're doing, plenty of little things that can go wrong

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That's probably why it's being sold -- I bet he wants out from under the gremlins.

3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

The Dodge tranny sounds good right? Well it is not all that good. The input shafts on those things are weak. My boss just had to replace his. When he had it apart in the shop I looked at the shaft. The factory shaft is "necked" or reduced down toward the splines. To repair that he got an aftermarket shaft that is straight the length of the shaft to remove the weak link from the tranny. why do I bring this up? Well if the HP number he quoted is true you will be replacing it in no time if you do any "playing" with the truck.
    I tend to agree with [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] about the reason for wanting to get out from under this beast. Having a driveshaft made takes no time and not all that expensive. How hard is it to cut a whole in the floor for a shifter. Little things like that would keep me away.

4. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

That's why I would never buy a used car off the Internet. I want to go see the thing, drive it, have it looked over BEFORE I give the person some money.

This is the reason I buy new, I don't want anyone else's problems.

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You still get someone else's problems -- i.e. the factory's or, worse, the dealership's.

What do I mean by this? OEM bugs/problems, recalls, etc are the factory's problems. And as for the dealership ... those trucks they lift and put 33's or 35's on ... but don't regear the truck for? Yea, those are the dealership's problems.

Plainly put, the only way you won't get someone else's problems ... is to fabricate and build your own truck. I mean, very technically, even if you were to assemble the truck raw from parts, yourself, if you didn't make the parts then you STILL run the risk of getting someone else's problems...

My point? Avoiding someone else's problems isn't exactly a sane reason to buy new. Now if you buy new for the warranty, that's a different story ... but also consider you can get used trucks with warranties, too. :)

6. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I don't have to worry about someone not changing the oil except when the oil light comes on and I've seen what some of my friends do to their cars.

No thanks.

7. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

There's a reason I drive a Chevy truck and not a Dodge. I certainly wouldn't buy a truck, even a custom build like this one, with any Dodge parts involved.