1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wound the 5.3 tight! Does it have a Rev limiter?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by ibmoses, Dec 26, 2008.

1. ibmoses

ibmoses New Member 100 Posts

I was passing this no driving cell phone talking fool earlier and sure turned my little motor up real tight real quick. Where I was at I was not able to look at the Tach because I was too busy concentrating on not crashing.

Does a 03 Silverado 2WD have a rev limiter?
    There is no redline on the Tach.

I stomped it from about a 25mph roll and it downshifted hard and then wound up real tight, real fast. It seemed like it had to be above 5000rpm when I let off a little and let it shift and then hammered it again.

Bert:eek:ut:
  2. Badbrad469

Badbrad469 New Member 100 Posts

i think it's around 5800 or so
  3. ibmoses

ibmoses New Member 100 Posts

So if I drop the hammer on this pig and hold it till she squeals, at what RPM will it change gears at.
    In other words: what are the factory WOT shift points?:eek:ut:

Bert
  4. Badbrad469

i think mine shifted at 5000 to 5500...that is till i put my tuner on it, now she shifts right at 6000
  5. poncho08

poncho08 New Member 100 Posts

all i now is that befor i chiped my truck it governd at 160 km/h and now with the chip im scard to go past 200km/h:eek:
  6. southernlunatic17

southernlunatic17 New Member

hell i have an 05 silverado 2wd and i can stand on mine and it winds up to about 5800 and i know w/o a programmer that it will shutdown at 101 mph. i think the limiter is around 5900-6000
  7. Cody115

Cody115 New Member

Mine was the same way. My 1-2 shift is at 5400rpm but now that I have a programmer, I increased it to 6000 also.
  8. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 New Member 100 Posts

What programmers do you guys have?
  9. poncho08

poncho08 New Member 100 Posts

whale i gotthe bully dog trip gas and i think it works graet.
  10. Badbrad469

i have the hypertech max energy