1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wow - Chevrolet Cruze Eco Got 64 MPG Over 9,552 Miles

Discussion in 'Chevy Cruze Forum' started by ChevyFan, Aug 26, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I just saw this come to my email and I had to click it. I've been around the Cruze and it's a pretty impressive car, but I had no idea that someone could get 64 mph over nearly 10,000 miles.

Chevrolet Cruze Eco Averages 64 MPG Over 9,552 Miles

2. Corvidae

Corvidae New Member

It actually has surprised me. I have driven from AZ to CA for the weekend. I got about 56 MPG during the long stretches.
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

nothing really new to be honest. those are good numbers, but they should be. The geo prism I used to drive would do 50 mpg plus on a good day if you drove it decent. and that was with 175k on the clock. new cars with new tech should be able to get 40+ easy, yet companys talk about 35 like it is so impressive.

if these new trucks can get 20+ and wiegh most of 3 tons, a 3000lb car should get over 40. just my opinion tho....

Alex
  4. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Haven't had my Cruze that long, but I average about 30-40MPG but I also have a heavy foot!
  5. RFoster130

RFoster130 Member

Do you know anyone actually getting 20+. So far I'm not impressed with my new 2012 Tahoe. The claims of 14 city and 21 highway aren't even close. Of course since its hot i drive with the AC on, but I'm getting a combined 13.3. On stretches on the highway i only get 17.5 Im not really complaining, i just expected better. My 2005 Avalanche got 14+ on average.