Wrecked the Trailblazer - the saga with Farmer Insurance

Discussion in 'Car Insurance Reviews' started by ChevyFan, Nov 13, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

Everything was great on the way to work this morning. I stopped off to get some coffee and a little breakfast wrap. Pulled out and headed south on Matlock road in Arlington. Just minding my own business driving to work.

WHAP!

Trailblazer is destroyed. more to come

Better put some leagalease around this -- This thread exists for entertainment purposes only and is not intended to be a 100% accurate recreation of any real-life events.
  2. GaryL

GaryL New Member

Wow, I hope you were allright. Keep us posted.
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member

Sorry to hear about your TB Steve. Glad your alright!
  4. Skarch

Skarch New Member

Dude that sucks! Traffic on Matlock is always insane. I hope your wreck wasn't near the Arlington Highlands, cause then it might be kinda my fault.:shocked:

So, time to treade in on a new Acadia? Thats what my wife keeps wishing on our 'burb.:lol:
  5. ChevyFan

I was actually heading north on Matlock and the wreck was right in front of the Fry's parking lot. A lady attempted to turn left (she was headed south-bound) and she turned in front of me.

She thought there were 2 lanes, problem is there are three. I hit her while accellerating probably about 35 MPH. I'm pretty sure they'll total the TB, we'll see.
  6. GM_Guy

GM_Guy New Member

man, that sucks. glad you're ok
  7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator

sounds like you're getting the ticket/blame. I don't think you should get the blame for it, but the law sucks... Hope you were ok, and that a bigger, better vehicle will be replacing the Trailblazer. Good luck!
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

Sorry to hear your TB got wrecked.
    If it's totaled it solves 2 problems though, 1st you can buy the new HHR your were wanting and 2nd no more hassles with the glass company on their subpar performance.
  9. ChevyFan

No, it was her fault, she was cited for making an illegal turn against oncoming traffic. I was driving straight forward and she pulled in front of me.
  10. ChevyFan

Normally I'm an optimist. ;-) I'll let you be the optimist today. lol

I'll see if I can get the wife down to look at the HHRs. We have to find time to do it as you can't swap car seats in/out of these things. She likes the Chevy Uplander minivan too, which might be an option. We had hoped of paying off the Trailblazer in the next 6 months and not have a car payment for a year or two ... but guess plans change.

I'll post some wreck photos shortly.
  11. ChevyFan

12. ChevyFan

• Front bumper destroyed
    • Grill smashed
    • Headlights smashed
    • Frame damaged
    • Hood damaged
    • Passanger door won't open
    • Driver's door snaps quite a bit
    • Fan shroud moved inward quite a bit.
    I looked up the KBB private party, looks like the TB's value around here is about $10000 - $13000 or so. I only owe $6750, so all-in-all I'm pretty good I think if they total it. If they don't, they're going to have to pay me for a rental car for 2-3 weeks (a good one too, not some sub-compact) and then they'll pay me for the loss-of-value caused by the wreck.

Anyhow, my back and neck are pretty sore now that my addreneline has worn off. I think I need a nap.
  13. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member

whats important as always you walked away from it ... good to hear you were ok so....ummm does that mean you'l be selling the usable parts to us here on the forums ? hint hint ? :lol:
  14. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator

I wouldn't count on it, since he's hoping for a total, in which the insurance company gets the truck of course...not that I could use any prts off of it anyways, except maybe the seats.... :glasses:
  15. ChevyFan

I had a full cup of coffee too. 24 ounces.

Not sure where it all went, don't see a drop of liquid inside the Trailblazer at all. :rofl:
  16. Davandy

Davandy Moderator

Sorry to hear you had an accident. I hope everything works out ok :shocked:
  17. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member

yah the seats might still be good the back lenses too :glasses:
  18. ChevyFan

ARGH! State Farm is being a PAIN! (correction: Farmers Insurance)

It's clear that it's 0% my fault and 100% the other driver's fault. She was cited by the city of Arlington for failure to yeild right-of-way ... but they want to drag it out and will not get me a rental car becuase they're not sure that it was all her fault ... mabye I could have been trying to go around cars or something. (I wasn't!)

Oh well, another day at home will make my inconvenience fee and etc will go up.
  19. finalday7

finalday7 New Member

Dude that sux. I've been in a few accidents. A couple mine a couple not mine. Hope everything works out in your favor. :great:
  20. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

Holy Cow! I'm glad your OK too. You could have had my Trailblazer. :wink:

Being Canadian and all. You really should learn to not spill coffee (An accident is no excuse) thats the sad part here. What a terrible waste of coffee :no: