Wrecked the Trailblazer - the saga

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Nov 13, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Everything was great on the way to work this morning. I stopped off to get some coffee and a little breakfast wrap. Pulled out and headed south on Matlock road in Arlington. Just minding my own business driving to work.

WHAP!

Trailblazer is destroyed. more to come

Better put some leagalease around this -- This thread exists for entertainment purposes only and is not intended to be a 100% accurate recreation of any real-life events.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  2. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Wow, I hope you were allright. Keep us posted.

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear about your TB Steve. Glad your alright!

4. Skarch

Skarch Rockstar 100 Posts

Dude that sucks! Traffic on Matlock is always insane. I hope your wreck wasn't near the Arlington Highlands, cause then it might be kinda my fault.:shocked:

So, time to treade in on a new Acadia? Thats what my wife keeps wishing on our 'burb.:lol:

5. ChevyFan

I was actually heading north on Matlock and the wreck was right in front of the Fry's parking lot. A lady attempted to turn left (she was headed south-bound) and she turned in front of me.

She thought there were 2 lanes, problem is there are three. I hit her while accellerating probably about 35 MPH. I'm pretty sure they'll total the TB, we'll see.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  6. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

man, that sucks. glad you're ok

7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

sounds like you're getting the ticket/blame. I don't think you should get the blame for it, but the law sucks... Hope you were ok, and that a bigger, better vehicle will be replacing the Trailblazer. Good luck!

8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sorry to hear your TB got wrecked.
    If it's totaled it solves 2 problems though, 1st you can buy the new HHR your were wanting and 2nd no more hassles with the glass company on their subpar performance.

9. ChevyFan

No, it was her fault, she was cited for making an illegal turn against oncoming traffic. I was driving straight forward and she pulled in front of me.

10. ChevyFan

Normally I'm an optimist. ;-) I'll let you be the optimist today. lol

I'll see if I can get the wife down to look at the HHRs. We have to find time to do it as you can't swap car seats in/out of these things. She likes the Chevy Uplander minivan too, which might be an option. We had hoped of paying off the Trailblazer in the next 6 months and not have a car payment for a year or two ... but guess plans change.

I'll post some wreck photos shortly.