GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Wrecked the Trailblazer - the saga

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Nov 13, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

Coffee foul, 10 yard penalty.

Well, I was too busy screaming, hitting the brakes and watching it rain down Trailblazer parts ... my Trailblazer parts, to worry about my coffee.

Oh, BTW, the coffee emptied itself on the driver's floormat up near the pedals. When I hit, it must have flow forward and down and the TB now smells like a coffee show.
  2. chevyonly23

chevyonly23 New Member

Thats a piss situation

You been lucky in your bad luck! Really happy your ok trucks can be replaced health cant....Well hope you dont get a hard time with your insurance company Keep us informe.
  3. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member

Could have been worse. the Tb could smell like what you probably yelled.

Sorry to hear about the tb, glad to hear your fine, short of your sore neck, and back.
  4. ChevyFan

My wife and 3 year old son came to pick me up.

My boy said, "The car is broken!"

My wife said, "That's ok, we can get a new car."

My boy said, "But we can't get a new Daddy!"
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

Let State Farm know you may have to go see a Doctor, and you'll be stopping to see a Lawyer on the way. Not that I'm a fan of sueing, I personnaly think the court system's over used for law suits but sometimes you've got to force an issue.

I always try to see something good from every situation. I think that'll buff out, naaa maybe not.
    Hope everything turns out ok tho.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2007
  6. RatRod

RatRod New Member

Main thing is that everybody is ok and the vehicles can be replaced.
  7. unplugged

unplugged New Member

Wow, close one!...........[​IMG]
    That exit from the Fry's looks busy!

Attached Files:

8. homer911

homer911 New Member

sorry to hear about your ride. Hope it is repairable. how much damage?
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

The picture doesnt show that half a block north is a light with a freeway on/off ramp for I20, and major road construction at the Interstate for an addition to a mall located about a half mile north west of the Fryes. A very busy area right now that wont be getting any better.
  10. ChevyFan

Farmers Insurance Sucks!

Ok, Farmers Insurance is ticking me off big time. (Warning: prepare for Rant)

I have an "adjuster" named Michele who is "working with me". Hardly! She's trying to manufacture evidence and events that did not happen to somehow make me partially to blame. Saying things like, "maybe it's possible that you did this..." and talking about an illegal or aggressive act of driving that they're suggesting I may have possibly been doing.

I am OUTRAGED at this type of behaviour.

I simply got into a right-turn lane to prepare to turn right onto the service road to get onto I-20. I did nothing different than thousands of other cars do each day, including Police cars! This is a very long right-turn lane. The insurance company is saying that it's possible that I might have tried to "go around" cars or do something wrong to get into a position where this might be partially my fault. Hogwash!

Well, where did they get this from? None of the witnesses had even talked to them yet. The didn't have the police report! They're simply making stuff up to make it somehow not 100% on them.

MOREOVER, they knew that the other driver WAS CITED by the police for failure to yeild the right of way to me. I WASN'T CITED for doing anything, I guess Farmers Insurance thinks that they're more capable than the police/fire personnel that came to the scene of the accident, even though they weren't there. I guess the police don't know how to question a witness or take a statement. Looks like that one got by them, huh?

It just chaps my hide. They won't even pay for a rental car for me yet!!! The accident is still "under investigation" as far as they are concerned.

Meanwhile, my neck/back are hurting, so I went to the Doctor last night and got some meds and some advice on taking care of myself and the pain & inflamation.

I'm not out to get anyone, but a guy going to work to provide for his family is taken out of action for a couple of days when someone pulls out in front of him and this insurance company is playing games in a very dishonest way.

SHAME ON YOU FARMERS INSURANCE!
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  11. Skarch

Skarch New Member

First you say it, then you do it.

Yea, thats me. Its not an addition to the mall, and actually, the Parks is quite pissed about it. So far we have stolen 6 of their top 10 performers(non-department stores). Yea, that whole area is a nightmare. Arlington needs to step up and make Matlock three lanes from Pioneer Parkway down to Sublett, or even into Mansfield.

Steve, did the bags deploy? If they did, its about 90% sure it will be totaled.
  12. ChevyFan

No, I didn't hit head-on. I hit (as you can see) the front-driver's side corner of the Trailblazer, so not sure why the bag didn't go off. Had I been about 1/4 of a second later, it would have hit more of the bumper-center and the bags would have gone off probably.
  13. GM_Guy

GM_Guy New Member

dealing with insurance companies is always a pain in the buns!!!
  14. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Glad to hear you're alright. Your son's right...ya can't replace daddy.
  15. ChevyFan

Ok, Farmer's Insurance has declared the accident to be 40% my fault!

This is outrageous!

They did this without getting the police report (it wasn't released yet - the police found that to be pretty outrageous when I called them) and without talking to any witnesses from the scene of the accident. The adjuster pulled into the Fry's parking lot last night (so she says) and claims to have struck up a conversation with someone who says they were a witness. (Does this seem fishy to anyone else? -- She claims they were the manager and saw it...)

Anyhow, I even called the woman who pulled out in front of me. She cracked her sternum by the way. She even said that it was her fault for pulling out in front of me.

Why is Farmers Insurance behaving in this fashion?

I ran into a woman named Courtney who said that the exact same thing happened to her. She was the person pulling into Fry's though. Her insurance company paid 100% of the damaged to the other person's property becuase they said that it was a legal lane to travel in.
  16. GM_Guy

GM_Guy New Member

that does sound fishy
    all insurance companies want is your $$$$$
  17. RatRod

RatRod New Member

I would tell them to talk to your lawyer.
  18. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

I would say its lawyer time. "Hurt in a car, call Matar" sorry I find American commercials funny. Time to dig deeper on this though.....
  19. homer911

homer911 New Member

All i see is $$$$$$$$$$$.... thats a load of donkie doo doo. It seems anymore that you pay for something but then when it us time to use it they come up with some kinda BS so they dont ave to pay. It is called insureance for a reason not (well maybe if we feel like it)
  20. ChevyFan

Here are a couple more shots of the scene of the accident.

[​IMG]
    Here is the car that pulled out in front of me. Notice where the damage is? I hit the very front of her car because I was going forward in my lane and hit her as she popped her nose out.

[​IMG]
    Looking south on Matlock. You can see the lane that I was driving in (where the Wrecker is) and where her car stopped at. How can they say that's not a lane? It's totally beyond me! I'm furious at Farmers Insurance!