1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wrecked!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, Jul 17, 2012.

1. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Man that sure sucks, but atleast you were able to walk away. Thank the Lord.
  2. jnbama

jnbama Member

Glad your ok Pikey, and on the subject of crashes my auto insurance just added another $12 to my monthly bill to cover the stupid drivers around here
  3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

That blows! Good to see you're still able to post a thread about it though.
  4. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Hey! So sorry to hear about your truck.. I am glad that you are okay, and just a little sore.. If you were in something smaller, it would have been much more serious.. Keep us posted on the repairs and stuff.. A nice soak in a hot tub, will help you out!
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I went to the tow yard today to retrieve my personal items from my truck. It was kind of freaky looking at the truck today. Apparently it was a pretty bad wreck. The entire front end is shifted about 4 inches toward the passenger side. The manager of the body shop is pretty sure that the insurance company will consider it a total loss. We spent the day looking at used yukon xl's.
  6. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider New Member

At least you're already preparing! Best of luck
  7. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Glad to hear your all right.

In Oregon they invented .. or recently started using a flashing yellow left turn arrow. This has caused accidents from both directions thinking (or not thinking LOL) that they have the right of way.

Just curious if they have these evil devices in Michigan and if so was it a factor in your accident?
  8. Pikey

Some places do have the blinking yellow. We usually have a blinking red for left turns. There was no light at this intersection. I was heading east on a wide sweeping curve. she was in the center turn lane of the curve facing west. She motioned for a car to turn ahead of her. he motioned back to her to go ahead. She went without looking and turned right into my front end. I did not have time to take my foot off the gas.
  9. asgmf12

asgmf12 New Member

Man that is a tough break, I've been there before and feel your pain. Glad to hear you are ok. I guess it is time to start planning the new rig, even though it is hard to say good by to good ones.
  10. Pikey

well, I only had it 10 months. The hardest part was getting the insurance company to give me what it was worth. I have a replacement in the works. a 2005 yukon xl. with 20k less miles. I hope to have it monday.