Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTB: 6ft bed for 2001 Silverado

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by McClintoc, Oct 21, 2012.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My current truck's (in sig) bed is in very bad shape. The whole right side is smashed in, the left side has major scratches and half of the tailgate has had its clear coat stripped. I am wondering if it would be cheaper to buy a whole bed, if I can find one, rather than taking it to a body shop for repairs and paint. So, I am looking for an entire bed.

The bed must be:
    6ft long (short bed, I think it's 6.5ft to be technical)
    1999 to 2006 body style (taillights do not matter)
    damage free
    maroon color

I would like it to be a step-side bed but I'll take a fleet-side if that's all I can find.

It does not have to have taillights, as those will be replaced with LEDs anyway, nor a bedliner of any sort.

I am willing to pay cash and pick it up within a 300 mile radius of the DFW area.

Let me know what you've got! Thanks!
  2. McClintoc

Bump.

Still looking for a bed.
  3. McClintoc

Bump.

I'm still looking and I have cash in-hand, ready to go! I spent all day yesterday hopping from salvage yard to salvage yard all across the Dallas/Ft Worth area and couldn't find anything even remotely close to what I am looking for. Hopefully the Internet will provide!
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Did you check the Pic A Part in Grand Prairie off loop 12? They had a stepside that was close to your criteria a few weeks ago, it was blue though.
  5. McClintoc

Yup. I spent most my time in that exact area. I found one yard that said he bad a bed that fit my criteria exactly but he sold about a month ago. And to make maters worse, he said he had that bed for almost four years and thought he'd never sell it. :(

The thing is, as old as my truck is, I'm not looking to drop top dollar on it. Which is to say, I want to find exactly what I am looking for. A step side bed for my model year truck doesn't do me much good if it's a different color; then I have to drop more money to get it repainted.

Fortunately, my issue is cosmetic and not mechanical. So, I don't have to get it fixed right now. I'll just keep looking until I find exactly what I am looking for. Until then, at least the truck still runs.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Any Upfitters in your area? Co's that make work trucks always have beds sitting there for sale in all colors.. Check with a local dealer for a list of them
  7. McClintoc

Yes, there are a couple but again, my truck's age is an issue. Most of the take-off beds at those utility bed companies are either NNBS or duallies. Although, I have only seen them in passing and haven't actually gone to one and looked around.