1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTB Hp tuner

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by sparks454, Jan 13, 2013.

1. sparks454

sparks454 New Member

Anyone willing to part with their HP tuner equipment. I have an '05 Sierra 2500 8.1 and was going to start tuning. Thanks. Chris.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Be careful buying a used tuner. If the seller does not remove the tune from their truck before sending it to you then it is worthless. I know a few people that have been screwed like that. We have have a vendor here that sells the Diablo tuners and custom tunes packaged to save you money. A few guys on here have his custom tunes and are very happy with it. Message [MENTION=32828]06MonteSS[/MENTION] if you are interested.
  3. sparks454

sparks454 New Member

Thanks for the info. I have tuned a good many older GM's with the OBD1 and Tunerpro software. I like the convenience factor and the ability to make the quick retune if you change or modify something. I may just have to go with a new HPtuner instead..
  4. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member

HP Tuners is a full tuning software suite, not a programmer like a diablosport, etc...

big learning curve if you don't know what you're doing... and hptuners has a licensing scheme, so if you're buying it from someone else, you'll need to find out if they have any licences still available to use for tuning, need their cable that they got with it too I believe, since the cable/dongle is what contains the reg and licensing info...

you'd be better off getting your own, brand new... then, make sure you read read read read.. cuz if you don't know what you're doing with tuning software, you can screw your **** up quick...