1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTB Newer 6x5.5 on 17" steel wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires Classifieds' started by JonTiffany1, Jul 8, 2011.

1. JonTiffany1

JonTiffany1 New Member

I'm looking for a set of four (4) newer 6x5.5 on 17" steel wheels, probably from a silverado 1500. I plan on either painting or powdercoating them flat black and wrapping them with some good 285/70r17 tires (anyone know some good brands?) I was thinking cooper discoverer stt's, but i need the wheels first. Thank you!

I live in NY

Jon
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I have Cragar soft 8's on my truck (they're 16's) and were only $62 each from Summit. BFG All Terrain KO, BFG Mud Terrain KM2, Nitto Trail Grappler, Nitto Terra Grappler, Goodyear Wrangler MTR and Toyo Open Country M/T's are all good all-terrain/ mud-terrain tires. What's your budget for wheels/ tires? Also, check your local craigslist for stock Silverado steel wheels. You can probably find a set of 4 w/ tires for cheap.