1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTF!!!! 12 choppers over my house today What's going on??

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Enkeiavalanche, Jan 31, 2014.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Saw them before then when I got home I was resting then my house was shaking You should have heard it!!!! Don't see this many in this area much..

helli1.jpg helli2.jpg helli3.jpg helli4.jpg helli6.jpg
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

wow! Those were low. We occasionally get one flying overhead at regular altitude and that is really loud, I could not imagine 12
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thats not bad. Where I live in Milford Sikorsky is only about 10 miles away and every day there are helicopters being tested over the water by my house. Weekly we need to adjust the china in the china cabinets to make sure nothing falls over as well as adjust picture frames on the wall. When we're "lucky" CH-53 Super Stallion's fly right over head and knock pictures of the walls.
  4. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Mercy flight goes over my house about once a month. Rarely do I see the Military type go over but they have. Lots of money keeping them things flying.
  5. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

LOL, I love military hardware. I would have grabbed my camera as well! I've had 3 or 4 fly over my house at the same time and that was pretty loud. 12 would be absolutely nuts but super cool to watch! Must be a field training exercise; that is quite an assortment of choppers: Apaches, Chinooks, Blackhawks and possibly a Kiowa at the far right edge of the first pic.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

It might have to do for this BIG Games going on Sunday Something played with a Football...:gasp: They have been flying all over the area all day...
  7. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 New Member 100 Posts

When did you file your last tax return?
    This could be serious.
    Will be watching the news.
    Wave if you have to do the "perpwalk".
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

haha.

Maybe they were doing some type of urban training in preparation for the superbowl going to be happening? That's my guess.

Either that or they've really cracked down on people with overdue library books.

- - - Updated - - -

I live about 5 miles from Bell Hellicoptor's plant in Arlington, Texas and for a while we had twice-daily passes of those big twin rotor helicoptors, often two or three of them flying. Now it's just a couple of times per week.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

10. fugitive

fugitive New Member

Probably just checking out your truck!!!!!!!!!