WTF!!!! 12 choppers over my house today What's going on??

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Enkeiavalanche, Jan 31, 2014.

1. DrumBound

DrumBound Member

Test flying the aircraft they are bringing to me up here. Thats the reason why so many flights lately. The 12 ship flight is gonna happen again come tuesday for ya. We try to be considerate, not very fun flying high in those things though (too cold and not enough heat), but we usually fly lower to deconflict with civilian traffic. Sorry if it causes any problems.

2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

probably looking for [MENTION=64155]fugitive[/MENTION] lmao! Or something to do with all this FEMA crap Obama is supposedly buying to contain the 'Murican people!

3. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Back in the late 70's I lived in an apartment near the NW end of the main runway of Andrews AFB in Suitland MD. That was awesome. I loved it. It was nothing to see 8 to 10 F-16's take off in pairs, Air Force 1, Marine 1, C-130's. It went on all day long almost every day, and then on armed Forces day, there was the big airshow every year. They brought in C-5's, Cobras, B-52's, the Thunderbirds, WWII fighters, Russian Fighters. Most excellent. I lived a little further away in the 90's but then we went to see the airshow in 1993, and they had Warthogs, Apaches, C-17's, F-15's, F-18's, and one F-117 in a ring of ropes surrounded by uniformed MP's with M-16's.

4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

[MENTION=52559]Dana W[/MENTION] Jet noise: the sound of freedom!

5. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Yeah, add Headers, shotguns, and Rock 'n' Roll to that.

Once a woman called to complain about the jet noise 4 or 5 times in one day. The public relations people at Andrews AFB grew tired of her, and just told her to be glad they are ours and hung up. :great:

6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Amen to shotguns and rock n roll!

7. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

Incredible !! I rarely get to see even one of those. I live right in the Powder River training area near Ellsworth AFB. We see the B-1's almost every day. Quite a sight & sound, especially if they come in from behind, I've been on a farm tractor many times and had those guys surprise me. The first time it happened to me, I almost browned my britches !!!

8. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 Rockstar 100 Posts

No sound like the afterburner "BANG" of one of these babies when the hotshot pilots were doing touch-and-goes!

[​IMG]

9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Lets see what Flys over today I am about 5 miles from Met life and I have to drive down to Md tonight Going to be a LONNNGGG night for me..

10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

No fly zone I heard for the stadium...Not sure what the radius is but I would guess more than 5 miles.. If something does fly over be carefull of where it lands.:neutral: