1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wynjammer Supercharger

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by buddy1, May 1, 2009.

1. buddy1

buddy1 New Member

Ok,
    A month or so ago I asked you all about Wynjammer Superchargers. Not a lot of replies but I bought one after talking to the owner of the company and I put it on my 2000 4wd 2500 crew cab. The install only offered a couple of think outside of the box challenges, which I solved.

With the hardware came a new ECM. Understand the only reason I did this is to have better pulling power to pull my boat. I plugged in a hand held analyzer that after a brief lesson determined if I was running lean when I got on it and passed the test. This was my biggest fear. It’s my understanding that if you race you will need to get bigger injectors. I considered changing gears but didn’t want to make the already bad gas mileage worse. My gas mileage has indeed improved. How much I haven’t crunched the numbers. The install took about 4.5 hours. You do have to run 92 octane.

The result: As far as off the line acceleration I am thrilled. I never thought that 5.7 could do what it’s doing. The wine takes a little getting used to. I have not pulled the boat yet so as far as the real reason for the install the jury is still out. But will soon. The unit cost about $2,600. It brought new life to the old rig and the best part I still don’t have a truck note but a truck with a new attitude. It’s nice

Thought you might like to know
    Bud

Oh yea that's me a few years ago fishing is sunny Fla.

Attached Files:

2. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Bud, that looks awesome in there! Glad you are enjoying already and look forward to hearing about how it does with the boat behind it. That whine is one of the biggest reasons I'd get a supercharger! *wwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Anyway... let us know how it holds up, and thanks for the update!

Nice....grouper?
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

That's awesome looking. What level of difficulty was it to install, moderate?
  4. buddy1

buddy1 New Member

Thanks Sarge. Yea I guess I should put some flow masters on the truck to mask the whine. It really roars under the hood compaired to the stock system. Yea big Red Grouper out of Clearwater Pass on the Daisy Mae VI, Capt Dan Hood.
  5. buddy1

buddy1 New Member

Hey Steve, When I did it, at the same time I put a new Radiator, new wires, cap & rotor in (OEM) and new plugs that were two stages colder (as reccomend). I'm as shade tree as it gets. If you can turn a wrench and can remove a radiator you can do this. Hell the hardest part was getting the bonnet to attach. I sent the pics to Al Martin the owner of Wynjammer and he quickly informed me I put the spacer on the mounting bracket on the wrong side (hence the belt is forward on the big pully). The whole job including the tune up to from 9 am to 4:30 pm. My son help half way thru it..(hungover but welcome help)
    I'll update later.

Steve, Where in TX. ? I spent HS & longer in Ft Worth
    Last edited: May 1, 2009
  6. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

looks nice. I emailed them this morning to see if they had one for 8.1L but they said there is no plans to build that setup in the future. That leaves me with the options of STS turbos, whipple, or Vortech. Or full custom turbo setup. And that means lots of $$$$$$. They price of yours was very low compared to other setups. Let's hope it's not one of those "you get what you paid for" things.
  7. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

looks awesome. that makes me wanna get one. wish i had some spendin money right now
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks great under the hood, although your motor compartment is already so clean I could eat off of it. That is awesome that it was only $2,600 though, I have always liked the MagnaCharger but the WindJammer looks like a real nice setup. I am kind of shocked about reusing the stock injectors, every kit I have ever seen usually gives you the 40lb. injectors in the kit. Congratulations on the awesome upgrade.:great:
  9. buddy1

buddy1 New Member

Thanks guys,
    Yes, I hope it's not one of those get what you pay for but after talking to AL Martin (owner) and knowing his history I don't think so as long as I don't race the truck. Otherwise I will need bigger injectors. But for the way I drive and I have checked, I am not running lean. I just needed a few more ponies without buying a new truck and so far..... I got them. About 100 or so. Still haven't pulled the boat but pretty sure I'll see nice improvment. The clean Motor compartment, Yea I a big fan of Gunk engine bright and CRC or somthing engine detailer.
  10. 2008blackWT

2008blackWT New Member

Nice set up. at that price that is worth thinking about. might want to think about getting it on a dyno to check your air/fuel. Just to be safe.

Look at magna charger for a set up for your truck. I dont know the pricing but if i was going to do anything it would be that. Im not a big fan of the STS kits. just because i have worked with them before.