1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

X-Pipe performs better w Chambered muffler OR Straight through muffler? Any idea?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i need some help with figuring out if having my magnaflow x pipe with my flowmaster chambered muffler is holding me back a few pony's and torque compared toa straight thru muffler design like magnaflow?
  2. jojovortecmax07

jojovortecmax07 New Member

The word is that Flowmaster is for sound and Magnaflow are for performance. I would think that a straight through design would help out with the ponies versus a chambered or baffled muffler. However, will you notice the difference on the butt dyno? I doubt it.
  3. Rockstarrchevy81

yeah idk what i might just keep my flowmaster on then.
  4. darnie1987

darnie1987 New Member 100 Posts

ya ive read only up to like 5ish from switching i honestly wouldnt go threw the hassle or expense to do in my self?
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

yeah i mean i could prob sell my flowmaster to a buddy and get most my money back and everything but i doubt i will do that. I have to take my truck up to the muffler shop to get the pipe that leads to my x pipe fixed the GENIUS cut the pipe too short since he didn't measure how far to cut with the x pipe and ended up looking under my truck and he cut pipe he had at the shop and the **** was damn crooked what a piece of **** i swear, hopefully he does it right this time i mean it's not really that hard to do if you know how to use a tape measure lol!
  6. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 New Member 100 Posts

I believe you have already free'd up about as much pony as you can with the Xpipe and flowmaster combo. Sure the straight through mufflers gives a little better power but i dont believe its enough to justify the swap from flowmaster. Now if your swapping from OEM, then yes.
  7. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah i totally agree man i appreciate it.