X-Pipe performs better w Chambered muffler OR Straight through muffler? Any idea?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i need some help with figuring out if having my magnaflow x pipe with my flowmaster chambered muffler is holding me back a few pony's and torque compared toa straight thru muffler design like magnaflow?

2. The word is that Flowmaster is for sound and Magnaflow are for performance. I would think that a straight through design would help out with the ponies versus a chambered or baffled muffler. However, will you notice the difference on the butt dyno? I doubt it.

3. Rockstarrchevy81

yeah idk what i might just keep my flowmaster on then.

4. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

ya ive read only up to like 5ish from switching i honestly wouldnt go threw the hassle or expense to do in my self?

5. Rockstarrchevy81

yeah i mean i could prob sell my flowmaster to a buddy and get most my money back and everything but i doubt i will do that. I have to take my truck up to the muffler shop to get the pipe that leads to my x pipe fixed the GENIUS cut the pipe too short since he didn't measure how far to cut with the x pipe and ended up looking under my truck and he cut pipe he had at the shop and the **** was damn crooked what a piece of **** i swear, hopefully he does it right this time i mean it's not really that hard to do if you know how to use a tape measure lol!

6. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 Rockstar 100 Posts

I believe you have already free'd up about as much pony as you can with the Xpipe and flowmaster combo. Sure the straight through mufflers gives a little better power but i dont believe its enough to justify the swap from flowmaster. Now if your swapping from OEM, then yes.

7. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah i totally agree man i appreciate it.