1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Xfi252 cam in stock 350tbi??

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by mig8830, Mar 15, 2012.

1. mig8830

mig8830 New Member

[TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: alt1, bgcolor: #FAFAFA"]Im building a near stock
    350 tbi. Gonna port the heads and intake manifold a bit and do he ultimate tbi mods.
    Im really interested in the xfi252 cam. It seems very. Omputer friendly and doesnt require headers. Although i may or may not get headers i dont know yet.
    But i used comp cams camquest software and it told me that a stock headed and stock tbi intake with a 500cfm tb would make 279hp@4000rpm and 447ft/lbs@2000. That was with long tubes and no cats with mufflers. With stock manifolds and no cats it went down to around 240hp and a few less torque.
    My question is if the difference between long tubes and headers is realistically so little, should i just get manifolds? Its gonna be a daily driver truck and i just want torque mainly so maybe manifolds will help the torque down low as oposed to headers?
    Also how acurate do you think thise numbers are? They sound pretty nice although too good to be true.
    Thanks
    Miguel
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
  2. Boonduff

Boonduff New Member

Give Comp Cams a call. They have advisors that can answer your questions and tell you what to expect from the cam.
  3. dualdj1

dualdj1 New Member

This is what I used for my build, and I'm very happy with it.

http://www.competitionproducts.com/...pet-Cam-Lifter-Kit-Chev-SB/productinfo/E923M/
    Chev SB
    Lift: .420/.443
    Duration: 278/288
    Duration @ .050": 204/214
    Lobe Center: 112
    Smooth idle. Improved power. Good low and mid-range.

Very economical cam, with solid power. Got about 5k on it since the rebuild, and it feels real good, good power, pretty good economy.

I would also recommend long tubes for it, if you can get them reasonably cheap.
  4. darnie1987

darnie1987 New Member

Id have to agree with the first post stated, i would give com camps a call if thats the cam you wanna use. im running a tr 220 cam on my truck and i love it its a well know cam and works great for my 5.3 but its also more mid-high end cam.... just call em they wont stear ya wrong