1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

XM Radio Quit Working

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by kevindsingleton, May 2, 2011.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well if you are paid up Take the truck to a good open area and have Xm resend the signal...
  2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Is the subscription active?

Have you left the radio on while refreshing it? On channel 0 you should see the radio id..write it down and go to the xm website to refresh the signal. Make sure the radio is on.
  3. Cwaynew

Cwaynew New Member

Thanks for repsonding. Yeah, I have done everything per XM's request. On top of a hill, nothing between my truck and the sky, with radio tuned to station1, using the xm radio id. refreshed 10 times probably over the last two days.

My problem seems to be the exact one as a few previous posters, Just wondering what the eventual outcome was because they have had to have time to have fixed it since the posts are rather dated.

Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Tricia, I too am having this same issue as Kevin and I wondered if you have ever heard of the fix on this. I have an '09 Silverado and the the xm only receives stations 1 and 0. I will be contacting a dealership but would like an idea.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

get a new tuner... Or do what I did switch to Sirius or HD radio..
  5. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Tricia is just going to tell you to contact your dealer.

Your XM brain is behind the lower glove box. There is tab on the back side of the glove box..push it forward til the glove box falls forward. You will see a silver box on the right side disconnect it for a few minutes and then try it again.

Attached Files:

6. kevindsingleton

kevindsingleton Rockstar

I never did get my XM radio working. I just use my phone for Pandora, or listen to books on CD. Maybe I'll try disconnecting the device inside the glove box. It snowed, today, so that means winter is here, and I won't be spending much time fiddling with it out on the driveway. It appears to be a pretty common occurrence, which probably means it's a flawed device, but my warranty is long gone, and I don't need another entertainment expense, right now, anyway.
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Get the Tuner changed then tell them XM is not worth the money I'm getting Sirius now for $25.00 for 6 months.. Thats all it's worth...Tell them you are sick of the repeat songs..