1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

XM Radio

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Jimmiee, May 30, 2009.

1. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I was able to get the free 3 month trial on the XM Radio. I was reading that sometimes XM will offer a discount coupon for $79 a year or something like that. I was told sometimes they will call you and offer this deal during the 3 month trial. Anyone get an offer like this or have any suggestions on getting a coupon?

Thanks!
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well when I had mine I got mine for $69 a year, but that was because I had 3 recievers on my account. My truck, I had XM radio on my phone, and I also have the XM radio on my Bose home theatre. They set it up like a bundle package, you used to be able to get the coupons for friends and family but they have suspended that because of the looming bankruptcy. I contacted GM family first to try and get you a coupon today, and they said they are not offering it to friends at family at this time until all of the bankruptcy stuff is straightened out. If something changes I will PM you with a coupln code, but as of right now they don't have anything going on. :money:
  3. Jimmiee

Thank You very much for taking the time to check on this for me. I kind of figured something was up because I have not heard from them at all other than offering me the regular package rate.
  4. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Here's one deal that I passed up only because I already had XM on my sony Xplod. Black Friday I walked into Best Buy and they had an XM receiver ($100) and it came with a 1 yr subscrip, all for a final package price of $75. As far as the payments though I pay XM about $20 every 3 mos which works out to about $80 a yr anyway so $79 a year doesn't sound like that great of a deal to me. It's well worth it, especially up here in ND where FM stations are limited to pretty much two country stations and one rock station. I would pay more (Don't tell XM/Sirius that though).

-Greg
  5. Jimmiee

The best deal I see is a limited package for $9.99 a month. XM everything is $12.99 a month. So $79 would be a great deal if I could find it. I believe the deal days are over like Amy mentioned.
  6. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Just watch them

XM service is great I had it for like four years while I was working out of town in rural areas its nice to always have your favorite stations, but since I am no longer traveling I can listen to local channels with no problem, I canceled my subscription three months ago and they are still taking money out of my account. I have had to call them 3 times now and have my account credited and recanceled, apparently they cant lose my credit card number but my cancelation just keeps coming up missing.I dont know of any new subscription deals out there but If you call to cancel they offer you the Moon.
  7. Jimmiee

They don't have my CC number yet as I'm still on a trial subscription. I'm going to wait till the last minute and see what happens.