Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

XM Satellite Antenna

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by hotrodking86, Feb 10, 2014.

1. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

I put in an aftermarket XM radio a few years ago and hooked the antenna up to the stock GM antenna on my 2008 Silverado that is behind the glovebox. My radio lost it's signal yesterday, I looked and the aftermarket XM box fell from it's mount. I had 3M tape on it but it must have worn out. When it fell it unplugged the antenna from the XM box, the GM stock antenna connector was bent and ruined. I cannot get it to get a good connection to keep the radio working. Can I buy another end for the stock antenna and splice it to the old wire? Can that be done with the XM antenna cable? Or am I better off just using the magnet antenna that XM provides you with?

If I can splice, what part do I need?
  2. SXM_Help

SXM_Help New Member

Hi there -

I'm sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your antenna. I would like to take the opportunity to offer my assistance. Fill out this form and we'll be in touch at your earliest convenience. https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/digital_ask/incidents.c$social_media/880

Thanks,
    SiriusXM Digital Care Team
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Obviously see what SXM_Help can offer, but I'm not sure what they can do. In terms of your factory antenna, there's really no splicing any more cable or a new connector on. The cable used for satellite radio is actually very very thin coax and trying to strip the coax properly to put a new connector on probably can't be done by human.