1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

XM Theft Lock

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by JasonG224, Apr 21, 2009.

1. JasonG224

JasonG224 New Member

Does anyone know of the factory XM receivers have VIN numbers encoded into them like the head units do? I am trying to figure out if I take the XM receiver from a totaled vehicle if it will work when I install it in mine.

Any ideas?

Jason
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

When I bought my truck brand new it was equipped with the XM radio option, and the dealer gave me a card that had an XM serial number on it. After my 30 day trial was up, I called XM to renew my subscription and they asked me for the VIN # for my truck and the serial number that was on that card. As far as a used one working on your truck, honestly I would give XM a call and see if they can maybe issue you a new serial number if you sent the receiver into them. I have never actually doing this so you will be the first I have heard, hope this helps and I will see if I can find my card so I can show you a picture of it on here.