1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

xm to sirius swap stock radio 08 silverado

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by aggr1103, Oct 13, 2008.

1. aggr1103

aggr1103 New Member

I really like xm radio,, but there are certain stations that sirius carries that I'd like to receive. I've checked, and none of the sirius offered channels on xm now are what I want.

I was wondering if there's a kit to replace to xm hardware with sirius hardware to still use the stock receiver. I don't want to get one of the external receivers that runs through a radio channel. Anyone know if this is possible?
  2. asstda2b

asstda2b Rockstar 100 Posts

They are one in the same company now. I have Sirius and they say if you want the XM chanels, you dont have to worry anymore, you call a 800 nmber and i am sure there is a fee attached, but you can have both XM and Sirius together. they said that you don't have to switch any equipment, you just have to call the 800 number.

Sorry, i wasn't intertested in getting the xm chanels, so i don't know what the 800 number was, but i am sure it is on their websites.
  3. bartman0531

bartman0531 New Member

Im with you, my wife has Sirius and I prefer it over XM. Hold your horses on installing any new gear as of yet. Right now you can get the "Best of" for either service (Sirius=Howard and XM=Oprah) for an additional fee.There is lots of speculation about a major restructoring of both services line ups within the next month or so. Bottom line, wait it out and see how everything shakes out. But to ansewr your original question, No your XM reciever cannot pick up Sirius as of today. There is however an adapter that will let you keep your factory antenea for use with a Sirius reciever. Check out Orbitcast.com for any Sat. Radio stuff, pretty good site.
  4. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

are you on XM email mailing list? If so you should have gotten an email from them. I got an email from XM a very days ago. It says " Add the best of sirius to your xm radio" also goes on saying all you have to do is call the 800 number shown and they'll add it to your xm for an additional $4 a month. you don't have to buy anything hardware to add it.