1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Yaw Rate Sensor - where is it? reduced engine power

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by skp_sr, Oct 25, 2012.

1. skp_sr

skp_sr New Member

Can anyone tell me where the Yaw Rate Sensor is located on a 2007 Silverado 1500 5.3L Flex?

I am having the (what seems to be) common issues of stabilitrak off, service stabilitrak, reduced engine power. No i dont have any specific codes.

I get the hard shift from 1st to 2nd (probably killing the tranny and axle now)

After some research I replaced the throttle body because i figured that was easy enough as a DIY attempt. Did not fix any issue, but i have nice new TB :)

When this problem happened a few months ago (and it went away) i happened to be at a dealer and they mentioned it could be the Yaw Rate Sensor.

So if someone can tell me where the heck that is located i'll try and make it another DIY.

I just dont have the $$ to take it to the dealer and have them scope it over and over again if they aren't really going to find an issue with their product.

If there any GM employee lurkers reading this, please take note. This seems to be a pretty big issue, with no real solution by GM.

Any feedback and input is appreciated

~skp
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

on the 03 silverado with quadra steer the combined yaw rate sensor / lateral accelerometer sensor is located under the passenger front seat. I am not sure that it is in the same location on the 07. On some GM vehicles they are located in the in floor center console
  3. skp_sr

skp_sr New Member

good place to start, thanks