1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

yay something new to fix!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 89suburban350, May 18, 2007.

1. 89suburban350

89suburban350 Rockstar 100 Posts

ok so i was getting done installing my head unit and all of a sudden my overhead lights were'nt working when i tried it out and the HU was not turning on and the Horn is not working. so i think a fuse blew "im hoping" what does everybody think?
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Most definitely! That year I think the horn, interior lights and cigarette lighter are on same curcuit.
  3. 89suburban350

89suburban350 Rockstar 100 Posts

does anyone have a fuse diagram? and cableguy thx alot that is just the news i wanted to hear
  4. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think its 20amp fuse under dash, should be marked CTSY. I'm drawing from memory here.
    (Courtesy Accessory)
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
  5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It's a 20 amp fuse labelled Horn/DM if I'm not mistaken. I blow that fuse all the time because I have a short or something with a cig lighter. every few times that I go to plug my radar detector into it, it blows the fuse, then the cig lighter acts weird. When the overhead lights should be on, the cig lighter has no power, but as soon as the overhead lights are supposed to go out, the lighter comes back on. Weird quirk that I haven't gotten around to resolving with a new cig lighter socket and a relay to pull from the battery directly or something like that.