Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Yes, Soy milk can go bad!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 29, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

UGH! My youngest has a milk intolerance, so we've got him on Soy milk and he's fine with it.

When you buy it, it's just on the shelf, and we do refrigerate it to keep it cold. However, I guess we left it out yesterday so I put it back in the fridge. The wife said that it was left out all day, after it had been in the fridge for a couple of hours. I said it smelled good, so I took a sip ... tasted good. So I had a glass. Ended up thinking that it didn't taste quite right after all, so I poured the rest of it out.

So, didn't get much sleep last night. The good part about this is that I'm sure my plumbing is all cleared out right now with all the flushing I've had to do. My colon is probably cleaned out as well. Other than that ... there is no good part to this story.

Morale of the story. Put the "Soy Milk" back in the fridge after you open it and dispose of it after 5 days regardless.

big_soy_silk_milk.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I tried Soy milk one time, it wasnt even bad and it made me feel sick.
    Ill stick with cow juice from now on.
  3. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Least your kid doesnt go to the fridge and either turn the fridge to the coldest setting(wonder what happens then lol)...or try to pour his own glass of milk(wonder what happens then lol)
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yeah. Looks like the soy milk actually works. It's solved his particular milk allergies. Doesn't taste too bad in a strong coffee. ... weak coffee is another thing though.