Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

yet another programmer thread

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by gocubs68, Dec 21, 2008.

1. gocubs68

gocubs68 Member

I've been reading the last 5 or 6 pages of this forum researching progrmmmers. I am more unsure of which brand to buy than I was before. I'm down to 3 programmers:

Hypertech Max Energy
    Superchips Cortex Programmer
    Bullydog Triple Dog Downloader

Also going to be purchasing Volant CAI, Granatelli MAF, MSD Plug Wires, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler

2. 04blackgmc

04blackgmc Member

3. out of those three i would recommend the hypertech programmer because the superchips Cortex is more to help you be fuel efficient and the bully dog prgrammers are alot better with turbo diesel trucks
    so you should try out the Hypertech Max programmer
    hope this helps you out

4. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would go with the Superchips Flashpacq

5. Cody115

Cody115 Rockstar

The mafs ar worthless? I know jet makes one that when combined with a programmer and intake you will see uo to 45% gain in airflow. Tell me if im wrong, but does more air = more power?

6. gocubs68

gocubs68 Member

I have kind of laid off buying the programmer for the time being. I installed the Volant CAI and a Single 3" Magnaflow Cat-Back. I've been reading on another forum that a custom tuned chip by Nelson or Blackbear will net better increases in mileage and performance, but neither dealer is in my area. And I don't want to throw a custom chip in without getting a A/F reading. Not sure what direction to go when I get back on the programmer market.

7. 04blackgmc

04blackgmc Member

Not always its also gotta serve a purpose. Dont believe everything you read in magazines...
    U would be suprsed how many "fast cars" have stock mass airs and the ls1 cars stock ones are only 78mm compared to the larger truck ones..which i think is 85mm