Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

you may laugh....air box on 09 colo. 3.7 l5 z71

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by 09colo, Mar 2, 2012.

1. 09colo

09colo New Member

you guys might think this funny, but i tried it and it worked great. i took the top of the air box off,disgarded the filter, took a pair of nylon stockings from the old lady and streched it across the bottom of the air box. put the top back on buttoned everything else on. now i have gobs of cool air going into the throttle body. i noticed the difference in power right away. along with the exhaust cut out open, it scoots pretty good. now i know some of you guys are thinking this guy is a tight wad. just go buy a k&n or someother brand. but with the money i saved, i bought and had installed the cut out. so i killed two birds with one stone. the whole swap took about 10 mins. i hope the old girl isn't looking for her stockings.............lol
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

It sounds like a good idea, but I don't know how much I would trust the stocking. Good luck!
  3. RebelChevy

RebelChevy New Member

I'm all for the cheap/free jimmy-rigged upgrades but i would be worried that the stocking is gonna get sucked into the intake. keep an eye on that
  4. 09colo

09colo New Member

air box

if you strecht it over the lower part of the air box good, and make sure the lid is on tight. you should have no problem. have a couple hundred miles on mine and all is well.
  5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

definately gonna flow well, but not sure if its filtering very much dirt
  6. 09colo

09colo New Member

should be as good as k&n filter, i would think. i mean if you live in a area that has dusty or sandy conditions i'd keep the paper filter in. under normal driving conditions i think it would be ok..........time will tell.
  7. Nutbag

Nutbag New Member

Thats cool idea for city,but go paper for dusty conditions.
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Hope shes not Missing them yet??? :lol: I see he has not been on in a while..mm