You think these are good wheels and tire for me?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Runnerboy23, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Runnerboy23

Runnerboy23 Rockstar 100 Posts

2. mccombs310

mccombs310 New Member

What kind of driving do you do? A lot of on road,offroading,gravel. In order for us to help you decide we need to know how,where and what you drive.

3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

What year truck do you have? Since you have a leveling kit you can probably go bigger tire-size wise. But just judging from the picture they look good. As for the wheels, I happen to like the look of streetlock (fake beadlock) wheels.

4. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

These will fit no problem.

Them Nitto Grapplers are the ****.

5. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree you definitely should go bigger on the tires. with the leveling kit I'd say at least 285's

6. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

285? That's just wider, not bigger.

7. mccombs310

mccombs310 New Member

They will be a bit taller also. Bigger is always better.

8. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I think he meant with the same ratio, 285/70 rather than 265/70. 265/70 is a stock sized tire on my year Silverado, so they aren't very big-I would go bigger too.

9. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thank you Hawaiikid I did not clarify myself. I knew someone would call me out on that one. Yes I meant with the same ratio so its wider and taller :)

10. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

well assuming you have a nbs silverado, those wheels should work, however with the +18 offset running 285 tires expect possibly some tire rub on the uca .. 5.25 is the ideal backspacing for nbs silverado, 5.5-5.7 would be pushing running a 9 inch wide wheel. If you anything older then 07 don't listen to anything I just said, I can't vouch for the older trucks.