Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

You think these are good wheels and tire for me?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Runnerboy23, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Runnerboy23

Runnerboy23 Rockstar 100 Posts

2. mccombs310

mccombs310 New Member

What kind of driving do you do? A lot of on road,offroading,gravel. In order for us to help you decide we need to know how,where and what you drive.

3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

What year truck do you have? Since you have a leveling kit you can probably go bigger tire-size wise. But just judging from the picture they look good. As for the wheels, I happen to like the look of streetlock (fake beadlock) wheels.

4. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

These will fit no problem.

Them Nitto Grapplers are the ****.

5. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree you definitely should go bigger on the tires. with the leveling kit I'd say at least 285's

6. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

285? That's just wider, not bigger.

7. mccombs310

mccombs310 New Member

They will be a bit taller also. Bigger is always better.

8. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I think he meant with the same ratio, 285/70 rather than 265/70. 265/70 is a stock sized tire on my year Silverado, so they aren't very big-I would go bigger too.

9. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thank you Hawaiikid I did not clarify myself. I knew someone would call me out on that one. Yes I meant with the same ratio so its wider and taller :)

10. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

well assuming you have a nbs silverado, those wheels should work, however with the +18 offset running 285 tires expect possibly some tire rub on the uca .. 5.25 is the ideal backspacing for nbs silverado, 5.5-5.7 would be pushing running a 9 inch wide wheel. If you anything older then 07 don't listen to anything I just said, I can't vouch for the older trucks.