Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your brutally honest opinion please

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by TrailLeadr, Feb 22, 2007.

1. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've still got some more work to do on the heads, before they go back on the block, and then have the engine back in the truck, but I figured I would start planning this in advance.
    I've been looking around at functional hood scoops. I like the look of the 442 scoop by GoodHood [​IMG], but then I'm thinking I might like to see a shaker scoop popping out of my hood instead. So I'm a little torn on this. It's difficult to get a feel of how this looks from this picture since it's only the very front end.

Right now my truck is rock stock, plain boring in appearance.

My questions to you all is, who's seen a Suburban with a functional hood scoop, and did it look ok?
    Also has anyone seen a Suburban with a shaker scoop, and how did that look?

I don't plan on going all out on my 'burb I just want to give it a little attitude.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm not certain if I've seen a suburban with a functional hood scoop. I think that looks pretty tough though, I like the look!

You should photoshop it onto your ride to see what it would look like.
  3. TrailLeadr

Good Idea. Thanks.

Anyone else?
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Remember the old 400 small block in the 77 trans am, I've always wanted to do a "shaker hood" on a truck might not be to hard to do??
  6. TrailLeadr

For the most part the scoops that everyone is selling are non-functional. Molded plastic that you stick on with double sided 3M tape. I'm really looking for something that can be used in conjunction with a ram air system.

Besides it would be my luck that the stick on hood scoop would come off at highway speeds....lol

I should have said in my previous post that Functionality is my primary concern, and attitude would just be a fringe benefit.
  7. Cableguy

Find the breather part from wreckers...cut hood. Custom rides by Patrick...
    uh uh ya feelin' it yet

Attached Files:

8. TrailLeadr

LOL... That's pretty much what I'm thinking. But I'd hate to make it, fit it on the truck, and find out it looks retarded.:confused:
    I think Steve has the right idea, photoshop it onto a pic of my rig first.

but I'm wondering how many other have either done it, or seen it done.

The more I think about it, I'm getting more drawn to the shaker scoop.:cool:

Still open to suggestions, and comments:biggrin:
  9. Cableguy

Hood scoops for Dummies...LOL

Oh ok ya wanna be difficult eh...LOL. This I have seen done. Low rise carbon fibre hood scoop (glass it on) and do you remember the 81 camaro flapper thing(driver could see them open) hooked up to secondaries on 4 barrel...
    There ain't nothing in the world that sounds better than secoundaries opening
    on a big block Chevy (oh the hair just stood up on the back of my neck)
    Anyway are ya pickin' up what I'm throwin' down...??
  10. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I am a little biased, but I prefer the Shaker. I saw a Chevy truck with a shaker and fender scoops from a Trans Am grafted in and it looked good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]