1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Your opinion between pro comp and BDS?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by BigMike2011, Jul 6, 2011.

1. BigMike2011

BigMike2011 Member

While i was looking at both of the 6'' lifts by pro comp and BDS there is a huge price diference. Pro comp is sitting at around $800 and the BDS is at $1800. I know they both have a pretty good reputation so what are yalls opinion between the two?
    Thanks michael

2. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

What type of Procomp lift are looking at for $800? $1600 + is the norm.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  3. BeauTye

BeauTye New Member

That's a difficult question to answer because you are not comparing apples to apples. You've picked the "entry level" Pro Comp kit to pit against a BDS kit that is more like their high-end kit.

The cheapest ProComp kit has strut spacers, so you reuse the factory struts. The BDS kit replaces the strut.

If anything, the BDS kit gives you an in-between step between the low cost of the cheapest ProComp kit and the performance of the higher end one. If you are going to consider that route, might as well also look at the Trail Master kit which gives you everything the BDS kit does plus a set of brake lines and gas shocks for the same price.

If you are considering the $800 ProComp kit you might as well do a 3" body lift on top of the leveling kit you already have. Even with the cost of the gap guards to cover the frame, you'll be money ahead, with the same performace you have now.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  4. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What about the Skyjacker lifts? What does everyone think about that kit, i havent heard anyone on this site say much at all about there kit? What would be the best lift hands down for the 2008 chevy silverado nnbs? I plan on redoin my lift sometime and get rid of the rough country lift next year.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Spend the money on the BDS kit, better quality and enginnering. I hand ProComp on my Suburban for a year, it creeked, flexed and drove like crap just driving down the street. Replaced it with a Rancho kit, no more problems. I would look at BDS, Rancho and Skyjacker. You invested alot of money into a nice, new truck, don't cut corners on the suspension lift. If you do you will end up hating your new truck.

6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

X2 on what STB said. BDS has spent a lot of money in engineering on their stuff. I looked into getting a Rancho kit for my 11 Sierra and was told by a Rancho employee that they didn't have a kit for the 11's. They may have put something out since than. I don't think there are any major differences between the 10 and 11's. If I was going to go taller than the level kit that I have I would go with either the BDS or Fabtech.

7. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

BDS's warranty can't be beat either. With lift kits, you really get what you pay for.

8. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks guys. I actually like the Fabtech and Skyjacker lift kit since they are price but i guess you get what you pay for with all new hardware and not use stock parts along with a lift and get really good shocks along with it. I'm gonna try and buy new Bilstein shock's for my truck and see how the ride improves and also need something to fix the lil bit of bed hop that i still have even though 3/4's of it went away when i took my cooper stt's off and installed the nitto's. What would be best to get rid of the bed hop and where online could i purchase? Thanks, Jake