1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your opinion please ~ thinking of Suburban or Tahoe

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by chevynut1, Mar 4, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. chevynut1

chevynut1 New Member

I am thinking about buying a Suburban or Tahoe. I like the ones with "cargo" or "barn doors" instead of the tailgate and window. What are your thoughts? Thanks.
  2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I like the burbs with barn doors. My 86 had barn doors and I found them to be much more pleasing than a tailgate
  3. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

i also liked the barn doors we had on an Atsro Van......your personal preference though, really.

Brian from Canada
  4. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I prefer the barn doors. A liftgate is in second place. Tailgates are merely something way too big to lean over while loading the danged thing up.
  5. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I also like the Barn Doors. The only downfall to them is that the center post of the doors obstructs your rear view but with today's technology you can always install a rear view camera.
  6. Coach24

I just used my outside mirrors as I do now. My age doesnt allow me to look over my shoulder so I use mirrors. If they can't hear the screeching tires as I back up , I figure they had it comin":neutral::rofl:
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wonder why they never made a way to have barn doors on a pick up as an option.
  8. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Well I'm short so I would prefer barn doors if it makes it easier to load things into the vehicle...LOL
  9. Coach24

they do Steve. Gm calls it the extended cab:neutral:

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

ok ok enough of the short jokes
  10. chevynut1

chevynut1 New Member

Thanks guys. I think I like the barn doors because as some of you said, easier to load and unload. Thanks again for the input.