Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Your thoughts on '92 Suburban purchase?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by notpilbrisk, Apr 7, 2009.

1. notpilbrisk

notpilbrisk Member

hey guys im thinking about purchasing a 1992 2500 suburban. Its missing the back bench seat. the single seat is still there. has 106000 miles on the clock. been sitting for a year. starts up good, probably could use a good battery and needs an inspection to be able to be on the road. . he wants 2500. im thinking of offering 2000 what do u guys think of this deal. .? your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
    Gerry

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
  2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think if the inspection comes out good (and take it to a place you know what will give it a proper inspection) and you think it's in good shape then it doesn't sound like a bad deal at all. If you have a family of 8 then the back seat might be an issue - otherwise I wouldn't worry much about it. If the time comes that you miss it you can most likely head to a salvage yard and pick one up! The truck is old enough that there should be plenty of parts in the future for picking.

$2000 isn't a HUGE investment so if it needs a little work within 6 months of your owning it it should be a big deal and might even be expected.

Make sure you post pictures when/if you get it!

Good luck,

3. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

At least it has low miles. But yuck to the old school interior. If you do get it, and want to up grade the interior, I can get you the whole interior for 250, but ya gotta let me know soon. Its tan cloth.

4. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Doesn't sound too bad for $2000, But sitting for a year is where you need to focus. You'll definitely want to flush the oil and coolant.If you can flush the gas tank too. The engine won't run well on turpentine. run some kind of cleaner through the fuel system ( recommend seafoam). I bought a Chevy Cavalier ss Type 10 that they told me sat for a year. When I flushed everything out I think they under estimated the time. There was some nasty stuff in the gas tank and the oil didn't look too good either. After a good cleaning she ran like a champ.

5. notpilbrisk

notpilbrisk Member

hey guys heres an update. im 19 years old. i was handed down an expedition from my parents with about 180 000 on the clock i drove that into the ground. it passed away with 220000. was still a great running truck but i didnt feel like i wanted to put any more cash into it. im a full time student and i also work full time soo money isnt too plenty. i dont really have the money to have my mechanic to check it out because the truck is about an hour or so away from him. and on top of that im trying to get the guy im thinking of buying it from to get it inspected in the deal for 2000. the car was listed at 2500. ive got him down to 2000 now i need to get the inspection thrown in. what can i look at that are usual sore areas on these vehicles. any help is greatly appreciated thanks
    Gerry