Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 71CHEVY, Feb 23, 2009.

1. 71CHEVY

71CHEVY New Member

Okay, I am new to the forum just joined.

I am going to be getting a Chevy silverado 2003 ext cab 4x4 with the 5.3l v8, I will be doing performance and exterior mods, I am in high school so money is pretty tight, what should i do first headers, exhuast, cai, performance chip, lift, wheels& tires. Possibly a supercharger after graduation. What exhaust and header combo do you suggest, i was thinking borla headers and cat back exhaust, i want a good deep throughty sound at idle, and when you floor it i want it to sound good not annoying, As for cold air intakes what do you think of banks, performance chips i have no clue what to get. I like rancho lifts i am thinking 4" suspinsion lift. What wheels and tires do you like i want a 18" wheel with a aggresive tire. The truck will be red or white with black window tint. With a chrome billet grill.

Your oppinions are appriciated.

Thanks, Dylan

2. thatjerk01

thatjerk01 Rockstar

i have a flowmaster 50 series delta and i love the way it sounds. but i also have high flow cats. umm make sure its a true cold air intake and not just an air intake. i dont know about chips or suspension.

3. mjalstad

mjalstad Rockstar 100 Posts

You're in high school and money is pretty tight but you're buying an '03 4x4 ext cab with the 5.3?

4. LivysMan

LivysMan Member

LOL :rofl: :sign0017:

I would say go with true duels, with Flowmaster 40s!! it's deep and sounds WONDERFUL when you floor it!!!
    And get a K&N 57 series cold air intake!!

5. Land Shark

Land Shark Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah really.....I had no money in high school and had to ride the "loser cruiser" til the end....

I'm glad your getn the truck. I say pick one project at a time. Just start with what's in your budget, (unless someone else is paying for it, then go full boar)

6. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

yay christmas! yay birthday! k&n cold air intake, with a throttle body spacer, do some homework on your exhaust system, i would go with longtube headers for performance and sound, flowmaster 40 series mufflers, true duals, high flow cats

7. 71CHEVY

71CHEVY New Member

Well i started saving in the sixth grade from everything i could do for money, and finally by the end of this summer i will be able to purchase 1 and i will be doing it in steps, i want to do exhaust first, so when you say true duals do you mean when they come out behind the rear wheels? I was hoping for a complete exhaust kit as i am going to try and do the install myself.

8. thatjerk01

thatjerk01 Rockstar

ok all u people that say go long tube header u cant those alter the emissions control devices. its a federal offence. long tube headers are strip only. and the 50 series sounds better then the 40s. everybody compliments my truck.

9. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

they are that bad? didnt know that. i have shorties on mine, but i still like em. true duals mean headers, cats, an "x" or "h" pipe, muffler(s) and tips. keep all your o2 sensors too

10. 71CHEVY

71CHEVY New Member