1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your User Name

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ChevyFan, Jan 5, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ok, mine is pretty boring. I entered it on the first day when I setup the board over 2 years ago, and never changed it. Although, I did try "ChevySteve" for a while, but I reverted back to Steve after a database backup was required for something.

How did everyone come up with their screen name?
  2. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

First name and first initial of my last name. Not so exciting.
  3. brownbomb

brownbomb Rockstar

My burb is dark burgundy in color. When I brought her home a few relatives of my wife (all three have Ford PSDs :cry: ) strated to take turns giving me a hard time by calling my burb the brown bomb. The name stuck.
  4. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I took my username from an old Marty Robbins song.
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I found the lyrics:

"It was plain he was ready and waitin'
    He leaned a bit forward and said
    When you call me Shorty, say Mister, my friend
    Maybe you'd rather be dead."
  6. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm a wireless kinda guy so I've been "unplugged" since 1999. There is a part of me that wants to go "off grid" no utilities, no bills, all on my own. (Thank goodness the wife won't have any such thing)
  7. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

We own horses, and I used to scout out all the best riding trails in the area, then bring others (friends/relatives) down them....Everyone started appointing me as the trail leader when it came to going out for a ride.
    The reason it's spelled "leadr", and not spelled "leader" on the end is because we had AOL way back when, and there was already a "TrailLeader" I didn't want a number at the end, so I dropped the "E". I had it for an email address for so long, that I got attached to it. Now it's my nickname on most sites.
  8. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Started out on PFF fiero forum and tried 84fiero and it was taken, that’s what I had when I joined that forum.

But being taken I could not use it, so I just added a few numbers and here I am.
  9. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Mine is a combination from my two son’s first names
    Davy and Andy.
  10. LOW_07

LOW_07 Member

I have an 07 Silverado Classic that i want to airbag. :)