1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

your views on pit bulls

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by jerrynino, Mar 26, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. jerrynino

jerrynino New Member 100 Posts

my neighbor just got an awesome little tiger stiped pit bull,only to also get a boxer a week later. so he said he would sell me the pit bull for $75 and it has its shots and everything already. whats your view on these dogs?
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I own 2, and my son own one. Very loving and loyal dogs. Pit-bulls get a bad rap.
  3. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member 100 Posts

my best friend has 2 of them, and has had 2 litters of puppies. they are very good dogs, quite loyal and loving. they are very protective tho, and if u do not have sufficient room for him to run and time to give a lot of attention. if you do, i'd def take that dog. here are some pictures of my buddy's dogs.

[​IMG]
    this is Chance (stud), Major (pup), Karma (bitch)
    Chance and Karma live with him the other pup's were sold to mostly friends so we still get to see them regularly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    this is Jade, she's from the second litter. if i had the room for more then my lab i would have taken her. i love that dog

[​IMG]
    another one of jade
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Diego-my Son's male
    [​IMG]

Daisy-sister of Diego
    [​IMG]

Annabelle with Daisy and Diego
    [​IMG]
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I personally have never had one, but I think they are beautiful dogs if they are taken care of properly. Here in Ohio they actually made it illegal to own a pitbull in certain areas, I don't remember right off hand what areas but it was on the news a few months ago. I just think it's a shame that because of a couple of bad cases surrounding these animals,that the entire breed gets a bad name because of it. I would say go for it, for $75 you could end up with a friend for life. :money:
  6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Like Cesar Millan says it's not the dogs that are the problem it's the owners! It's a shame pit bulls get the rap they do because of bad owners!
  7. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Never owned one but have friends that do. They are very loyal dogs. They will protect what is theirs though. My buddies girlfriend was wrestling with him and the dog thought she was hurting him. I thought it was gonna jump on her. Fortunate my friend calmed him right down. My german shepherd was the same way so it is not breed specific. It is the morons (like Mike Vic) who make these dogs have a bad rap. Also make sure you know where it was bred. Inbreeding can cause severe problems with these dogs.
  8. drumrob

drumrob New Member 100 Posts

I would get it sounds like a really good deal!!! I agree its how you raise them and that reflects the dog. You should also look into Doberman's they are great dogs!!!
  9. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would say go for it! I've heard bad stories, but (as people have said) it's the owners' fault.

Ageed! My buddy has 3 dobermans. I think they get a bad rap too. His first one, Zeus, is HUGE and intimidating, but he's the biggest pansy you've ever seen!
  10. kaiah723

kaiah723 New Member

pittbulls are great dogs. ive had one pure breed and one pitbull/rotee mix. both were very smart and loved to eat spagetti off a fork. its all how u rais them that is going to decide how they act. if u train them to be a killer then thats what there going to be. if u show them love and care then they will be the best dog u can ask for.