1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

YouTube Ad Revenue Sharing

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by TritonBoulder47, Jan 8, 2011.

1. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Well I'm one of the latest to be invited to this club... LOL When I got up this morning I had 2 emails from YouTube requesting me to apply for the Ad Revenue Sharing. The onply thing I had to do was create a Goggle AdSense account. We'll see how this turns out... LoL

Here's my YouTube channel: TritonBoulder47

And here are the two videos that they are showing ads for with:

Video #1

Video #2

Anyone else a part of this...? If so, what are you seeing in "revenue"...?
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I haven't got a clue what you're talking about. Are you working for You Tube? If so what are you doing? I understand "revenue sharing" but what are you contributing for your part of the work? Did you invest money with them, & is that what allows you to share?
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

High traffic users and videos get invited to join in revenue sharing. In exchange for google putting ads before and during the video, you get money for each view or something like that.
  4. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Basically yes... I don't work for YouTube, or any of the companies that the ads are for. Googles ads are topic specific, so it will trigger on key words in my description or in the comments and place an appropriate ad... It's kinda cool... LOL