GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Audio Youtube channel

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by zigger215, Mar 1, 2013.

1. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

So should I start a YouTube channel? I've been bugged alot about fiberglassing and system installs...seems like a lot of work, who here benefits from a well run YouTube channels and what do you like seeing on these channels? I'm removing my current SQC competition sound system and installing a very substantial JL audio SQC setup this summer when my shop is finished, that would be one of the first things I post.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

I watch you tube videos of repairs that I have not done on my truck before. Sure, I have done plenty of water pumps, but watching a video about how to do it on my 5.3L yukon xl lets me know what little things that need to be done for the specific model. I find them helpful when well done. I can't stand the videos that have tons of special effects. Sweet production man!! but, I am here for information not a production. I also appreciate when it is done is multiple parts, ie part1 part2..etc, I like this because if I know nothing about the subject matter then I start at part 1, that usually covers the basic stuff. If I know thinks like how to remove all of the things needed to do the water pump (like fan shroud, clutch fan, air intake tube) then I can move on to part 2 without wasting my time watching something I already know about
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Do it!!!! Lets see.. :great:
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

I use youtube for things with which I'm unfamiliar on my truck, too. (It was invaluable to see how the spare tire mechanism worked on our trucks before trying to get mine down for the first time.) I also use it to learn things I've not done before (example: using VHT Nightshade on 3rd brake light or tail light lenses).

I'd love to learn how custom fiberglass panels are made and know nothing about the fiberglassing process. There may be videos out there on how to do it, but it'd be invaluable to learn it from a source I already know and trust.

I'm sure a lot of people would benefit from videos on improving body grounds, sussing out system noise, tuning their amps, etc. Plus, it's free press for you and your sponsors. Seems win-win, to me.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  5. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member

Do it! Youtube helps me with all my bike repairs.
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

I would be interested. As was said before it is one thing to watch a video from joe blow but it is another thing tho get info from someone you have confidence in.