Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Yukon Denal 07 Transfer Case Oil Change

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by wagand, Apr 12, 2012.

1. wagand

wagand New Member

Hi,
    It is time to change my transfer case oil on my Yukon Denali 2007 and I have a critical question which I hope you can help me out before I do something wrong and damage my T-case. The 2007 owners manual says I shoul use the following
    (Manual transmission Fluid GM Part No. 88861800.)
    However, my father's 2009 Yukon Denali manual as well as my friend's 2012 same car say they should use DEXRON-VI Automic Transmission Fluid!
    As far as I know there has been no changes in Yukon Denali from 07 to 2012. Therefore, this made me feel a little bit skeptical about my 2007 manual. So my question is: should I use DEXRON- VI or GM Part No. U.S. 88861800 for my T-Case? Please help me out!

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Is it a Auto transfor? I think what ever the GM book says use...How many miles do you have? Do you use 4wd alot?

3. wagand

wagand New Member

Hi again,

1-This is the URL for the Owners manual for the 2010 Yukon Denali
    http://www.gmc.com/content/dam/GMC/...1_Images/2010-yukondenali-xldenali-manual.pdf

Please see section 7-12 under Recommended Fluids andLubricants

It says DEXRON- VI is recommended!

2- This is the URL for the Owners manual for the 2012 Yukon Denali:
    http://www.gmc.com/content/dam/GMC/...1_Images/2012-yukondenali-xldenali-manual.pdf
    See section 11-4 under Service and Maintenance
    It also says DEXRON- VI is recommended

What do you guys think?

3-

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

1- It is AWD.
    2-Right now the car has about 60 K.
    3- I don't go off road at all and I have no control over 4WD as it is AWD.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  4. Enkeiavalanche

I would not change it for about 15K more But it's up to you.. What ever YOUR year book says , Use..

5. wagand

wagand New Member

Hi Ekeiavalanche,
    Many thanks for your prompt responses. I'm sure you heard about the ongoing debate about how DEXRON VI is much better in many ways why else GM replaced the old fluids with it. Besides I heard that Manual transmission Fluid GM Part No. 88861800.) is just a different name for DEXRON III which GM stopped producing in 2006 or later I’m not sure.

6. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well it looks like you got your answer already and no one welcomed you to the club? Welcome to the GMTC man, good to have you aboard. Hope you enjoy the site as I have. :glasses:

7. Enkeiavalanche

Opps.... Sorry [​IMG]

8. wagand

wagand New Member

Thanks donyms. I feel welcomed already :)
    Great site! However, I still feel that my question needs a little bit of more input from other club members. No offense Ekeiavalanche, I'm really thankful for your kind input :)

9. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You know what dude, If I were you I would call my local dealer, tell the service manager what I got and ask him. They should know if there has been any changes or if your manual is correct. If you don't know a dealer that you trust let me know. I have a friend that I trust and he is the parts and service director at the Chevy dealer here and I will ask him. Let me know. :glasses:

10. wagand

wagand New Member

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Donyms,
    Actually I don't know a dealer that I trust. I would really appreciate it if you could please ask your friend this. Thanks a lot!:great:
    [/FONT]

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Hi Ekeiavalanche,
    Many thanks for your prompt responses. I'm sure you heard about the ongoing debate about how DEXRON VI is much better in many ways why else GM replaced the old fluids with it. Besides I heard that Manual transmission Fluid GM Part No. 88861800.) is just a different name for DEXRON III which GM stopped producing in 2006 or later I’m not sure.