1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Yukon XL Hesitation

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by silvertone, Aug 23, 2010.

1. silvertone

silvertone New Member

I have a 2000 Yukon XL 4x4, I love my truck, but I am having an issue with it. When I start the truck and go to drive off, it hesitates and doesn't seem to want to give me the full power I need to get up to speed, even when I put floor my gas. The RPM will go up to about 4 but yet i am not getting the power to drive it the proper speed limit. If I pump the gas for a few blocks it will then kick into a higher speed. Also sometimes, the darn thing just won't start, yet it is not flooded. For the past year and a half I have spent thousands on this problem, I have had the fuel pump replaced, all the filters replaced as well as the bands. I have had about 8 diagnotic tests done, and they can't find anything wrong with it, and when I have left it at the mechanics they never seem to feel the hesitation, and tell me it must just be my imagination. Well I know it isn't my imagination. I have taken it to 4 different shops and yet no one can find a thing wrong with it. Does anyone or has anyone ever had this problem, and had it actually repaired? Please this is starting to drive me mad, trying to convince mechanics there truly is a problem with my truck.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Alright is the check engine light on? is the fuel pressure good at the fuel rail as well as has the Fuel Pressure regulator been checked (remove the vacuum line and if fuel comes out then you have a bad FPR)? have you done plugs and wires (how many miles are on it?) have you cleaned the throttle body and the idle air control valve? A bad IAC can cause a lack of power and hesitation. Also has a sweep test been preformed on the throttle position sensor? Have you ever cleaned the MAF (there is a cleaner for it) Have you tried a seafoam treatment? Has anyone checked out the Catalitic converters?
    Sorry for all the questions but those are the initial list that will get asked along with others i am most likely forgetting. We are more than happy to help but just getting baseline of what has and hasnt been done will help.
    Also motor size would help (assuming a 5.3L V-8)