1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Z-Maxx?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by dadngt, Jun 9, 2012.

1. dadngt

dadngt New Member

I keep seeing ads for Z-Max & have been tempted to try it but not sure if the results are noticable or just hopeful Has anyone ever used it? Got the thought in the back of my mind that its just a vehicle placebo.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I don't know what that is, some type of additive?
  3. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts

It is a fuel additive. I'm not sure if it is any good. I only use high octane quality gas to achieve the best results. :glasses:
  4. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

I personally rarely use any additive as the petroleum industry already adds several options. As well as alcohol. So I am cautious of any chemical reaction between all the various components
  5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

Just find a gas station that sells race fuel
  6. darkness-lies-

darkness-lies- New Member

i used z-max in my 92 dakota i could tell a big change in HP and response but im sure the dakota was a lot more dirty than your truck. i have not used it in my silverado though. z-max also make an oil additive. i used both.
  7. dadngt

dadngt New Member

I thought there were more than just one product they made. I guess in a newer vehicle you would not really know the difference just that usual decrease from age would either not happen or be put off. I don't know maybe I'll get it on an impulse buy lol
  8. Scooter

Scooter New Member

I started having a sluggish feeling in my 06, and noticed that my throttle body was pretty dirty so I took everything apart and cleaned it, helped alittle, then ran a some zmax through the tank and alittle seafoam in the oil, Ive noticed a huge difference and response and highway speeds.