z06 vette motor swap

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by heavy chevy, Jul 13, 2009.

1. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

How much do you think it would cost me to get a z06 motor out of a wrecked car and install it in my 08 silverado also what kind of power do you think it would make.

2. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

so you decided you dont want the 4.8 any more? and i would go with a lq9 for the direct swap.

3. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

i cant really answer that question but its funny cause just last night i saw one of those dodge ram srt 10s wit the viper engine and thot, how cool would it be if chevy put the zo6 motor in a silverado?

anyways, im not sure about how much of an increase it would make but those engines make 505hp stock so im sure u wuld see some increase. and the cheapest wreckd zo6 with a 7.0l ive seen is 14k and u can just buy a new zo6 crate engine for 14-18k dependiong on where u buy it from. any how, good luck with the buy and id really like to see that kind of engine swap in the future:great:

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Are you serious???

Well if you are genuinely serious about this, give these guys a call. They are a performance conversion center for GM, the only thing I can say is they are the sh%$ I have been through there facility several times and they are professional, what I mean by that is everything they do is to factory standards if not better. This link I am giving you is all of there Brand new take off parts, when a customer orders say a Corvette and they don't want the Z06 motor or even the ZR1 motor Mallet will pull ALL of the ECM, PTM engine, transmission and modules and sell it as a matching combo or you can buy stuff seperately. Check it out from time to time, or if you have the money right now get on one of his waiting lists and they will crate it out to you for a lot cheaper than buying new. Here's an example, last year when I went up there they had an LS6 with 13 miles on it from when they drove it from the dealer to there shop. Complete harnesses and everything $9,500 out the door, and that was transmission included. Plus if you really want something custom for your new motor, they wil make cranks or cams to YOUR specifications. $$$$$$ talks, give him a call. :neutral:

http://www.mallettcars.com/catalog-takeoffparts.htm

5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

theres a 7.0 lq9...... i wanna see. :)

6.0 will have enough balls to keep up with that srt 10, bore it out, cams. and stuff like that just my opinion.

zo6 motor would be ****in sick though. :)

6. heavy chevy

I am not sick of the 4.8 it has nuts I am just thinking about would it be more feesable to build off the 4.8 with 14000 or buy a vette motor and see what it will do

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Is the 4.8 a 4 bolt main or a 2 bolt, if it's a 2 bolt don't even waste your money on it. It will come unglued from all of the added horsepower, I have never had a 4.8 so I have no idea.

8. heavy chevy

4 bolt if I am not mistaken. It is a identical copy of the 5.3 just different bore and stroke. Actually it is just a destroked 5.3

9. hmaster77

hmaster77 Rockstar

would definitly make a fast truck if u put the z06 motor in it but hell go for the zr1 if u really do it

10. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

no their isn't, i was saying that the lq9 would be an easier swap, but still make some power