1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Z55 Autoride Suspension Replacement Shocks

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by deerslayer, Jun 10, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. deerslayer

deerslayer New Member

Anyone have any expierience with replacing the shocks on this suspension? I have a '00 Suburban I'm trying to eliminate this setup and replace with HD shocks. Can't geta straight answer from anyone. I don't tow or haul anything with it. it's pretty much all highway driven?

2. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

3. deerslayer

deerslayer New Member

Thanks, I saw this awhile back. Everyone who now sells all theses replacement shocks should kiss the dealers for jacking the price up on the OE shocks. These are nothing more than a coil-over shock from the old days. They want $150.00 a shock. That's is insane. I'm going to try something and I'll let u know how it works out.

4. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks...please...let me know if you find anything out...

5. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

Did you find anything?

Looks like we can use any shock under truck, just need to fake truck out so there is no light & compressor doesnt keep running!

6. lakechester

lakechester New Member

any more info on the strutmaster product?

when you ionstall this product are you supposed to remove the old compressor and all the other components?

with my 2003 couldnt i just replce the old system with some Rancho 5000 shocks or something similar?