1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Z71 2wd ?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by RATRODKING, Jun 18, 2013.

1. RATRODKING

RATRODKING New Member

guys,
    in my nightly search for a newer truck, i just ran across an ad for a 2011 silverado 2wd, but it has the z71 stickers on each side of the back bed....
    i always thought z71 was for 4x4 trucks... is it possible to have a z71 with 2wd ?
    just curious... thanks..
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Besides the Z71 OffRoad Suspension Package, They"GM"have the Z71 Appearance Package for 2WD, below are the Features it comes with,

The Z71[SUP]®[/SUP] Appearance Package, available on Extended Cab Standard Box and Crew Cab™ Short Box models, includes body-color front bumper lower and center sections with body-color end caps, a body-color grille with chrome insert, unique Z71 decals, bright door sill plates, chrome recovery hooks, body-color outside mirrors and door handles and fog lamps. 18" aluminum wheels and 18" tires and front and rear Rancho[SUP]®[/SUP] shocks raise the Z71 performance level even higher.
  3. RATRODKING

RATRODKING New Member

thanks for the info..... strange... the truck im looking at doesnt have body colored bumper, (only the end caps), dont have body colored grill, dont have chrome recovery hooks, body colored door handles or mirrors, .......
    gotta look into this.... maybe someone just bought the stickers.... its at a very well known local chevrolet dealership.... false advertising ?
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

That could be....."someone just bought the stickers"......a couple of ways to find out, check the RPO Codes In-Side the Glove Box, and see if there is, RPO code Z71, and/or run the Trucks Vin# Number.....
  5. RATRODKING

RATRODKING New Member

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

Your Welcome, just looked at the Ad, Overall, the Truck looks to be in Very Very Good Condition!!!.....unless I missed it, I didn't see any Mention, of the Z71 Appearance Package??
  7. RATRODKING

RATRODKING New Member

they dont mention z71 in the ad, just the decals on the rear of the bed..... thanks again
  8. 99'HEARTBEAT

Your Welcome, are you going to go take a look at this Silverado??......if you do, I would be interested to know, what and/or who put the Z71 sticker on the Truck.

9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I have seen a Z66 in a 2wd but never a Z71
  10. troutbug

troutbug Member

My cousin has a Colorado that is 2wd, with the Z71 package. Maybe the truck was wrecked, and someone got a bed off of a Z71 at the junkyard? Ha ha, that was a stretch!