Z71 Shocks question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Fenian, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Fenian

Fenian New Member

Hi everyone

Here's another suspension related question regarding my 2011 LT 5.3 extended cab Z71 - isn't the Z71 package supposed to come with Rancho shocks? My truck came with plain old black shocks (not the pretty white ones with red RANCHO lettering) - what's up with that?

Full disclosure - I have the Z71 suspension package (skid plates, supposedly shocks, etc) but not the Z71 appearance package. Truck is 4X4 obviously.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I "THINK" and the key word here is think they have two Z-71 packages now, I think!

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

I think this is a good reason to go out and buy some cool Bilstein shocks that are silver/aluminum looking that are also a leveling kit. So you get cool shocks and a leveling kit.

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

There are 2.....Z71 Packages, the Z71 Off-Road Suspension Package and the Z71 Appearance Package,

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"][TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]
    The Z71 Off-Road Suspension
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: optionTextPopup left"][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: optionTextPopup right"]Whether youre maneuvering around a construction site or heading for some mud-slinging, off-road recreation, the legendary Z71 Off-Road Package lets your Silverado take it in stride. It Includes 46mm High-Pressure Gas-Charged Shocks, a 36mm front stabilizer bar and off-road jounce bumpers to absorb large suspension inputs. When youre really into the deep stuff, the included Skid Plate Package is there to protect the truck undercarriage from rocks and debris. This package also includes an off-road air cleaner. front recovery hooks and Z71 decals on the rear quarter panels let everyone know your pickup is up to the challenge.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"][TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]Z71 Appearance Package[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: optionTextPopup left"][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: optionTextPopup right"]The Z71 Appearance Package, available on Extended Cab Standard Box and Crew Cabâ„¢ Short
    Box models, includes body-color front bumper lower and center sections with body-color end
    caps, a body-color grille with chrome insert, unique Z71 decals, bright door sill plates, chrome recovery
    hooks, body-color outside mirrors and door handles and fog lamps. 18" aluminum
    wheels and 18" tires and Front and Rear Rancho Shocks raise the Z71 performance level even higher.

On LT models, requires Extended or Crew Cab models, Trailering Package and Z71 Off-Road Suspension Package. Tires may be upgraded to on-off road tires. Not available with exterior color Imperial Blue Metallic or Steel Green Metallic.
    On LTZ models, requires Extended or Crew Cab models and Z71 Off-Road Suspension Package. Tires may be upgraded to on-off road tires. Not available with exterior color Imperial Blue Metallic or Steel Green Metallic.

In order to choose this feature, you also need to add: Z71 Off-Road Suspension Package18" x 8" aluminum wheelsOn-/off-road blackwall tires -Air cleaner, high-capacity -Recovery hooks, chromeSkid Plate Package[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

4. Fenian

Fenian New Member

Well that didn't take long, thanks lads.

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I don't even think GM uses Bilstein shocks anymore too much for them...But if you do want some Great shocks then go for it....