Zero Oil Pressure, no other indications

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ramgxr03, Apr 22, 2010.

1. ramgxr03

ramgxr03 New Member

I recently noticed that I have zero oil pressure. I have checked the oil many times and have good quantity. There are no other associated bells and whistles with the zero pressure indication. I plan on checking the sending unit but wondering why isnt there any other indication. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. 7daughters

7daughters New Member

What year, miles and engine? Does it come up as you bring the RPM's up?

3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yikes! Is the oil pressure / check engine light on? Most likely the ops, but I'd check it sooner than later.

4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Need more vehicle info(year,make,model) if your gauge is working correctly the computer would kill the truck so no damage occurs. Is your truck overheating or knocking?

5. ramgxr03

ramgxr03 New Member

It is an 08 silverado 4wd crew cab with 39K on it. No other lights or warnings. Oil quantity is good, no leaks. No heating problems, no knocking or other noises. There was absolutely no guage response to rpm changes for a while until yesterday when it just broke zero and fluctuated a small amount before falling back below zero.

6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You are still under the powertrain warranty I would get it into the dealer ASAP.... hopefully it is just the sending unit...