1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Zex wet kit

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by heavy chevy, Jun 12, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member 100 Posts

I am thinking about putting a zex nitrous kit on my 08 4.8 what would be the perfect shot to add with out me messing up my motor. I am thinking about the gone in sixty minutes kit and getting the 75 shot upgrade.
  2. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I don't know too much about the different kits offered by the different manufacturers, but IIRC, some of the dry kits out there come with different jet sizes so that you can increase gradually.
  3. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would worry about the driveshaft also, I just watched a youtube video last night of a NNBS with a supercharger and a shot of nitrous. I will try and find it for you, but you've got to remember that you have aluminum heads on that motor maybe not the best thing to try without some beefing up. Anyways the guy ran fine on the dyno with the engine only, but as soon as he hit that shot of nitrous it tore the stock drive shaft in half! I would do a supercharger instead, and then you'll get a steady 100hp increase. And who knows with that tune you have, they can tweak it for some more hp. :glasses:
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Here it is check this truck out! You have got to beef it up first, just my opinion and I'm sure I will get hell for it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du8Rk7dwYJs"]YouTube - Silverado Gone Bad On The Dyno!![/ame]
  6. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow New Member 100 Posts

nice probably a 2 piece driveshaft and to the nitro its save to start on a low side and work your way up i wouldn't go over 110 shot with out some serious mods to handle the extra power
  7. splashfor69

splashfor69 New Member

i have a 01. 5.3 has some bolt ons but i run 125shot on my truck also. motor runs good. last yr i blowed the tranny and the yr before got the rear end. it happens and can happen with the supercharger to. ive run nitrous on almost all my rides. this has been the first to break. but the trucks are not made to do what we do to them and stock sucks and will break. i had the beast bild in the tranny and a trutrac system with 3.73 gears in the rearend. so far no problems
  8. 2ToNe04

just becareful with the tranny thats the weakest on your truck

i dont think theres 2 piece driveshafts for the nnbs.

Maybe the ext cabs have them.
  9. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member 100 Posts

I dont plan on going over a 75 shot. And i do plan on a turbo and a cam swap and a gear swap and some headers to. I could go all night on what this little 4.8 is gonna have done to it by feb of next year.
  10. 2ToNe04

Do a 6.0 swap if your going to dump all that money in it.

4.8 = fuel economy truck

also your going to want a stall with that much power
    also a custom tune
    some more stuff

in my opinion, your just going to fix up your truck so it can keep up with the 6.0 & modded 5.3s
    6.0 swap is the best way to go if you want power. just my opinion