1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Zex wet kit

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by heavy chevy, Jun 12, 2009.

1. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yes I would definately agree with 2tone04 on that point, go with the 6.0 swap that will give you more of a performance platform to go off of. You can't cram 2 pounds of s%#^ in a 1 pound bag, and expect it to beat a small block chevy off the line. It's your truck, but I just don't want to see you dump $20,000 into something that can't hack it down the road. :neutral:
  2. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

lol that was funny with the guy in the hat.

i also agree with 2ToNe04, build a 6.0 for boost and make another truck like this one

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxsOegO9u-8"]YouTube - Turbo Silverado Burnout[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbgUH6e_zII&feature=channel"]YouTube - Turbo Silverado Spinss Tires From A Roll![/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON2ELT1EMl4&feature=channel"]YouTube - Turbo Silverado[/ame]
  3. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I plan on spending about 10 grand on the motor and I am faster than a stock 6.0 rite now. Why would I want to go back and still spend 10 grand on the swap. I want the fastest 4.8 silvy out there I can make. I understand what you guys are saying but dont the 4.8 have a lot of potential in it. I mean to me it is not gonna be like shoving two pounds of Sh*t in a 1 pound bag. I mean if it was a 4.3 I could understand. It isnt like the 5.3 has 100 more hp than the 4.8
  4. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i know what you mean, i wanted to do that to my truck because of the five speed, its all up to you, its not our truck, its your truck and were just all trying to help, like you have helped some of us
  5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i doubt your faster than a ss right now.... sorry to say

what if an ss pulled up to you with the same exact mods?

what happens when you run out spray?

not trying to be a dick just trying to lead you in the right direction.

4.8-liter V8 (295 hp, 305 lb-ft)
    5.3-liter V8 (315 hp, 338 lb-ft)
    6.0-liter V8 (367 hp, 375 lb-ft)

much <3
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  6. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There's no replacement for displacement. I don't necessarily buy that all the time, but I also love to motor swapped vehicles. Either way you go, should be a kick ass truck by the time you're done with it. 10 grand on any motor will get you far.