1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Zone Lift and Body Kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Fonze, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Fonze

Fonze Member

Eeeey guys, :great:

I am looking for a quality lift on a budget (~ < $500) and came across Zone. I am considering to buy a combo lift and body lift from Zone and wanted to get some opinions.

3.5" Combo kit $200
    http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=148&gr=-1#no_op

1.5" Body Lift $150
    http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=147&gr=-1

With the Combo/Body lift, do I have to purchase the Rear and Front Bumper Brackets seprately for about $50 a piece that they recommend? If so, will I need 2 for each bumber?

With these two (and 33" tires) will I be getting about a 6" lift? How high exactly would a 6" lift be?

Is mixing the two a good idea?
    Does anyone have any experience with ride quality?
    Would I be better off going with a P.A. Body lift instead of Zone?

Thanks.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin Rockstar 100 Posts

Zone and P.A. both have good body lifts. The combo lift comes with a 2" leveling kit with a 1.5" body lift and you want to add another 1.5" body lift? Save your money and get a real lift. I don't think you can stack two 1.5" body lifts together and I'm sure it definitely wouldn't be safe.
  3. Fonze

Fonze Member

Thanks for the reply!

I had no idea you couldn't stack Body lifts. Thanks for the info and I think I'll just go with the 3.5" Combo and if I want a higher lift, I'll either just get a bigger body lift and take of the 1.5" or a suspension lift.

Thanks for clarifying Klutch!
  4. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

2" leveling kit + 3" body lift. Don't even bother with a 1.5" BL if you already know you want to go higher.
  5. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin Rockstar 100 Posts

Just go with a leveling kit for now and then get a 4" suspension lift later on down the road. You would be suprised how much a simple leveling kit can change the look of a truck. ReadyLift, Truxxx, and Daystar are pretty good leveling kits. ReadyLift is the most expensive, but from what I hear it is definitely worth the money. Here is a link to it..

http://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/61A2931A0A0.aspx
  6. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Why stop at a little ole leveling kit, break out the torch and throw a dana under that thang!!!!!

get the leveling kit for now of continue to save and get a decent suspension kit, but a word from the wise, you will never be happy with half way and then you have done nothing but waste your money on a kit that will only be replaced.

just my thoughts...................