1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

ZX3 Electronic Suspension

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by AKRide907, Jul 27, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. AKRide907

AKRide907 Rockstar

So I just found out that my truck has got the zx3 electronic suspension. The truck has 127K miles on it, pretty much rides like ass regardless of whether or not the zx3 assist is on or not. Just curious what everybodys thoughts are on trying to get OE parts installed new or just use something aftermarket. Didnt actually even occur to me that I had it until i got under the rear and start unbolting one of the shocks when i noticed a plug going into the top of the thing.

2. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would say use factory for the ZX3 suspension...its gonna be more than aftermarket but least you know they will be built right(maybe):whip:

3. AKRide907

AKRide907 Rockstar

No kidding they were more expensive. Went straight to the chevy dealership in town and asked their service desk and they said they could order them for me for a grand per pair!! I talked to one of their mechanics and he said the worst that could happen if i dont use the OE parts was that the computer might tell me that the ride assist wasnt working properly. So i got a pair of monroe reflex's for the rear and a pair of monroe spectrum's for the front. So far so good, no computer warnings... and i swear that the truck has not ridden that smoothly in the five years since i bought it from my dad.

But for info, apparently the electronic shocks for the ride assist are gas operated. The computer sends a signal/current to each of the shocks and the current causes the gas to expand (or in the absence of current contract?). That was my understanding of how the mechanic explained it to me.