GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this misfire problem for a couple years. It started with like #5 misfire, so I would pull the plug and check and just replace. Then a few months later it would be another plug. This has gone on, and I replaced plugs, coils, Distributor Cap & Button, Plug Wires. Then yesterday I started it up and it really was tough and the Service Lite bright! I put my Code Reader and come up with “multiple misfires.” A friend, who works for a Chevy Garage, and I were talking about it - I was thinking low fuel or a possible leak at the Intake; he said he feels that quite possibly I need a new Distributor. Anyone else ever run into this, or any ideas, I really appreciate ideas.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
on the late 1990's GM trucks the distributor will cause miss fires when the distributor has 225 K miles on it ..the bearings and gear wears out.....check the fuel pressure ..around 60 psi.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a similar problem on my 2009 GMC Acadia. Pulled my hair out. Finally took it to a GM tech who opened his own garage. Turned out to be the fuse box. Had it replaced and that fixed the problem. Try wiggling the wiring harness to the fuse box and see what happens.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a similar problem on my 2009 GMC Acadia. Pulled my hair out. Finally took it to a GM tech who opened his own garage. Turned out to be the fuse box. Had it replaced and that fixed the problem. Try wiggling the wiring harness to the fuse box and see what happens.
Thanks….will do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE: I had the truck towed in late Saturday, so they could start this week. I got a call at 12:00 Monday…”truck is ready Ron.” I had to ask, WTH was wrong that it was ready this quick? They said it would br easier to show me. When I got there, the Manager had the mechanic do the stumbling, explaining. When he had previously put on the new Distributor cap and button….there were “directions” on a sheet of paper that accompanied the Cap….he didn’t remove it!! They were really embarrassed, had a check ready for the tow. In closing, I thank heavens I know these folks, for I could see some other place going to replace the Distributor, etc. Thanks for all the inputs, but sure glad to get this thing resolved and rolling again. Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts